Torque setting - front pads?

schmooser

Well just done my front discs and pads this evening, remarkably uneventful, apart from doing the right one first and then realising I'd got the pads the wrong way round only after I'd moved onto the left side and noticed the difference thanks to the sensor (hadn't noticed the different sized retaining clips on the back . . although I did think there was a bit too much clip visible through the wheel!)

A word to fellow enthusiastic amateurs . . . . note the need for the 7mm allen key! I'd seen it mentioned in several posts here but hadn't appreciated that this wasn't a size found in your typical set. I, and two of my neighbours, have sets of allen keys but they were all 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 8 and 10mm sets. Not a 7mm in sight! Only found out whith the car jacked up and wheel off. Fortunately a metal worker mate popped round with a proper set!

Anyway, anyone know the torque setting for those two little blighters holding the caliper on?

It is a 7mm allen key you need, and that unfortunately isn't a common size, and doesn't often come in a set. You can buy them quite easily though. Many car manufacturers use 7mm for this particular application.......