What do fabia door trim clips look like?

The black rubber washers seal the holes that the clips lock into, if left off you can end up with leaks round the fasteners thus defeating the object of all the effort sealing up the door carrier.

They retail at 22p each + VAT from Skoda dealers including the rubber sealing washer. You could of course reuse the old rubber seals even if the clips shatter, but you get new ones with the new fasteners anyway so just as well fit those.

Not sure if the front doors have identical fastenings but someone on here will confirm in due course hopefully.:)

HTH

24278.attach

24279.attach

Thanks (again) greybeard!!

So close to being the same, but no rubber seal :(

Is there anyone in the west midlands who has a few spare and would be willing to sell me some tomorrow? will happily travel and pick up.

Really wanted to get this sorted tomorrow but steelers will be closed :(

Thanks (again) greybeard!!

So close to being the same, but no rubber seal :(

Is there anyone in the west midlands who has a few spare and would be willing to sell me some tomorrow? will happily travel and pick up.

Really wanted to get this sorted tomorrow but steelers will be closed :(

I'd just go ahead and do the job, refit the door trim card without any fastenings. The top of the door, the armrests when they are screwed back on and window winder will all keep things in place until you can get the correct new fasteners. To seal the holes that don't still have a broken fastener in just use some insulating tape temporarily.

Once you get the proper fasteners unscrew the armrests, remove window winder and the screw behind the speaker, slide the new fasteners on the door trim and bang the whole lot back together. They're easy to slide on with the card loose. Shouldn't take more than 5 minutes to do.

If the fastenings you have are the same except for the the rubber washer you could just re-use the washers from ones currently fitted if you really have to get the job done and dusted tomorrow.

I'd just go ahead and do the job, refit the door trim card without any fastenings. The top of the door, the armrests when they are screwed back on and window winder will all keep things in place until you can get the correct new fasteners. To seal the holes that don't still have a broken fastener in just use some insulating tape temporarily.

Once you get the proper fasteners unscrew the armrests, remove window winder and the screw behind the speaker, slide the new fasteners on the door trim and bang the whole lot back together. They're easy to slide on with the card loose. Shouldn't take more than 5 minutes to do.

If the fastenings you have are the same except for the the rubber washer you could just re-use the washers from ones currently fitted if you really have to get the job done and dusted tomorrow.

:) I did think about that. Do they snap often? People said the astra ones snap all the time... I removed all 4 door cards 3-4 times and never broke any pulling it off. Some got stuck in the door and i damaged them using the wrong pliers to pull them out the door but otherwise...

Half of mine shattered or broke partly, pulling the damaged ones out of the door with pliers finishes them off anyway.

You might be lucky and they all pop out intact, but I'd still give it a go while the weather is dry, more important to seal the door carrier, the fasteners can be replaced later if you don't have any new ones to hand.