ASR System unoperational.......

Timmy!

Hiya guys. I have a 2001 Skoda Fabia Elegance. The ASR system has never worked on the car since I bought it in 2007. I just paid £39.60 at Dutton Forshaw for diagnostic work for them to turn round and say that they were unable to find a fault and demand a further £79.00 for another hours labour. They were however able to tell me that the fault lies either with the wiring loom or the ECU.

I really dont like the lousy service at this garage, the engineer told me that it could be a problem with the fibre optic connection between the ECU and other components. This sounds like a load of crap to me.

Anybody have any Ideas? Anyone in the Maidstone area willing to have a look in exchange for beer? lol

Many Thanks

Tim.

Firstly, welcome to the forum :wave:

ASR - ah well, it never works that well when it's working anyway! ;)

I'm sure some kind local Briskodian will run a scan for you though, and hopefully give you some more info. This thread should help you track someone down. Then just drop them a PM...

Or take a run upto MK and see a friendly Lummox.

Steve

I really dont like the lousy service at this garage, the engineer told me that it could be a problem with the fibre optic connection between the ECU and other components. This sounds like a load of crap to me.

Sound like bo!!ocks to me.

In this forum there's a member list of people with VAG-COM. Find someone near you.

http://briskoda.net/diagnostics-vag-com/vag-com-owners-map/80992/