Skip to content

Gabbo

Resident Member
  • Joined

  • Last visited

  1. On mine, after the update, the shop application is in a different tile position: top-row far right. Previously it was bottom row far right... After a week, I have had no further updates so it seems 0334 was the enabler to solving the issue for me. Gabbo
  2. Do you have any notifications (number in a circle) in the to right of the infotainment? After the big 0334 update, I had 7 unique updates for different features including the shop application
  3. There are some pictures on the Octavia MK3 forum from when I changed my left rear abs sensor. It's an easy enough job just a bit fiddly to remove the sensor and electrical connector. In the thread I also show how to diagnose a faulty sensor using Car scanner or equivalent OBD dongle to monitor the individual wheel speed sensors...
  4. I've not been offered any new updates since my last post so fingers crossed it is finished now
  5. This afternoon I had 7 updates, all for different things like 'background digital services", "application updater" etc Shop was also updated to a new version 338.322... So it does seem that 0334 is an enabler to release the next round of updates. Let's see in a few days, hopefully the constant updates will stop. I had a reply back from my dealer and he confirmed that the new 0334 OTA update would fix the problem. Gabbo
  6. I have the new 0334 update installed 2 days ago & this morning I had another popup for "application updates".... I clicked ok so let's see if it comes back again or if it is really fixed now. I'm not convinced it is really resolved by 0334 infotainment update...
  7. Yes that's correct. 3 different garages but all official Skoda/VAG dealerships in Switzerland... I think I'm going to write to Skoda Switzerland directly... Drop a bit of heat on the dealership at the same time. Gabbo
  8. I'm in the process of selling my 2014 Octavia and would like to access the online logbook of the car... (This online version replaced the book with dealer stamps in it) I contacted my current Skoda garage and they sent me only the last 4 years of service/warranty information & said that that was all the information they had. I've used 3 different Skoda garages in the lifetime if the car. I cannot add the add the Octavia to the My Skoda app because it says it's not supported by the app. How can I get a list of all the work performed on the car? Services I have the invoices, however, I've had several warranty/free work done where they didn't provide any paperwork because Skoda paid for the work? ( TIBs - xenon ballasts, door rubber seals, air bags, water pump) Shouldn't an approved Skoda dealer be able to give me the full history despite using different garages in the past or do I need to request this from Skoda directly? Gabbo
  9. The update didn't trigger immediately when you start the car. You need to come to a stop for some seconds (like at a traffic light) and probably the previous days I didn't need to stop on my journey to work...
  10. I spoke too soon...... 😪 This morning I had another update & it put the same version of the shop application....
  11. Open the shop application from the main menu. Wait for it to load & then click the settings icon (bottom right). At the last screen click information... It displays the shop application version
  12. A couple of days ago, I had a new update for the Shop application. This new update seems to have changed the version number and since then I've not had any new requests for "application updates" so far.... The new shop application version is: 3.15.1-336.321 Previously I had the update repeatedly for: 3.15.1-334.320 Fingers crossed this is the update that fixes this issue.... Gabbo
  13. Thanks good to know... I will email the service manager at my local garage and see if he gives the same feedback but I guess it's the mostly likely answer.... Agreed, it's starting to get a little annoying now... Gabbo
  14. I have had the same problem for the last 4-5 weeks. Every morning after driving the car & coming to the first set of tafffic lights, I am promoted to "update applications". It doesn't specify which applications but after 20 minutes I have a notification that. Registration is updated User manual is updated Application is updated Some applications won't be available until the vehicle is restarted... Originally I thought it was just multiple updates 1 after the other that have been released by Skoda. However after it didn't stop, I have been checking the versions of all of the applications & the shop application id always on the same version afterwards. I'm fairly sure the installation is failing each time. Did anyone resolve it? I'm sure a service around November so will ask them to fix it then but would be great if I could fix it myself before.
  15. I had a similar question after having the windscreen replaced this spring. I guess I can wait until November when it gets colder again. How can I test the screen heating is working & would there be a DTC in the climate module if the heating wasn't working?

Important Information

Welcome to BRISKODA. Please note the following important links Terms of Use. We have a comprehensive Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.

Account

Navigation

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.