help removing rear door panel / card

r_holmes22

Hi all. I am trying to fix the famous rear door leaks this weekend, while there is still a degree of warmth and sunshine. I have removed the manual window crank and the covers of the pull handle, as well as the two large bolts there and the screw behind the little grill at the top. I have also managed to prise most of the panel away from the door. However, I can't pull the top section away (the bit that joins the window/rubber seals). Is there a technique for pulling it out?

I can post a piccy illustrating the problem if that would be helpful.

Many thanks in advance for any guidance.

Cheers.

Hi

Brute force start from the rear part, it will give took me about 30mins to do on my sons rear passenger door , and only 30 secs on the rear drivers door lol, i was afraid too pull to hard the firts time lol

Thats is pulling it up

Edited by sattaff

Hi i did mine last weekend and managed without taking the panel right off. just disconected the door lock pin pulled the panel up and rested the bottom edge on the rear seat. i also cut out the bottom half of the stinking wet gasket with a stanley blade then left a blow heater on to make sure it was bone dry before sealing up.

Didn't take mine all the way off, but it made things a bit trickier. Trying to use those gun things while lying on your back isn't very comfy lol I propped mine open with the plastic bits I took off the door handles.

I did the fronts too as the seals were wet. If you doing these too be VERY careful with the drivers side arm rest bit with the window controls. Theres an electrics box underneath attached to it. I was trying to lever the panel off with a knife, when actually i was pulling the electrics box off the panel... no wonder the panel didn't come off lol plastic went all white from the stress but was ok luckily as i realised before i snapped the bugger.