Fault code meaning??

ShadyAl

Got my car scanned the other day, and got a fault code 17965.

Just looked it up, and it came up as:

17965 P1557 Charge Pressure Contr. Positive Deviation

What the hell does that mean??!!

I have recently been having problems with my turbo 'sticking', is it connected to this??

Any advice received greatfully :)

Hi ShandyAl,

I found the following which might be of help to you:

17965/P1557/005463 - Charge Pressure Control: Positive Deviation

Possible Symptoms

Reduced power output

Limp mode

Possible Causes

Boost Pressure too High

Hoses/Pipes incorrect connected, disconnected, blocked or leaking

Charger Pressure Control defective

VNT (variable nozzle turbo): nozzles stuck

Solenoid Valve for Boost Pressure Control (N75) defective

Possible Solutions

Check Hoses/Pipes to/between Components

Check Solenoid Valve for Boost Pressure Control (N75)

Check / Clean / Replace Charge Pressure Control

Check / Clean mechanism for variable nozzles

:thumbup:

Edited by Mark74
spelling mistakes

Do you by any chance run a tdi or pd with a VNT turbo? That is the usual fault code for sticking VNT vanes. There are a few things to check out first, but it's likely the VNT will need rebuilding or most dealers just want to put a new turbo on.

Greg.

Hmmmm, seems funny that Greg123 reccomends a rebuilt turbo, when he owns/works for a company that does exactly this.

Please Greg, dont send out copied and pasted PM's to everyone on here advertising your company and then asking me not to tell anyone, as it's underhand and really rather sneaky.

Plus If you had bothered to take more than 3 seconds to paste the PM, you would of realised I live nowhere near you and so probably wouldn't be interested even if i did need a turbo rebuild (which I dont!!)

Al,

Firstly apologies for sending you two pm's. The first one was from a couple of weeks ago and I had forgotten all about it, I don't think you responded so it slipped from my mind.

To clear a few things up, members are entitled to talk freely in PM, or ignore them. I'm dissapointed that you chose to respond with the language you did in the pm & follow up posting on here. I do understand you may not be interested in anything that I have to say, which is fine, I could have got that from the PM.

I don't want to go into the hertfordshire thing on here, suffice to say that was not a problem. I have not pm'd everyone on here, I have sent 68 since I joined & made 3 or 4 pm's of this nature in the entire time I have been with Briskoda.

If you saw my pm's, or if you took the time to review the (quite a few) posts I have made on here, you'll see that the majority of them are not related to turbos and in general I happen to just like helping people out on here. So if I also happen to be able to possibly save the odd person money on something and pm'd them about it, that's not a crime, I did check with the site owners. One day if I ask a question about window tinting and a guy who tints windows pm's me, I am probably going to be glad of his message.

I do not believe in doing work which does not NEED doing and am quite heavy on diagnostic before I commit to a job. On the other hand, if I'm capable of doing a particular job, if I don't believe in it and don't think it's a good idea, I am working as a sham. I refuse to be ashamed of the things I can do, but I do wish to keep away from promoting them in the forum unless I am at a stage where I can become a site sponsor, which I am not. So I'm dissapointed you pulled it out of PM and onto here and I hope any mods understand why I have replied.

For the record Al, I was trying to explain why I did not post the reply on here and used pm instead - others can talk about me, as I can about their companies, but we cannot self promote in the forums (understandably). I'll rethink how I phrased it, thankyou.

Al, I really hope you get your problems sorted and I am glad that you have found you do not need a rebuilt VNT. That's great news and I'm glad. Good luck with the car.

I hope this matter can go to bed and get back to the business of your issue/fault code which is what the theard is about, not me.

Greg.

Hmmmm, seems funny that Greg123 reccomends a rebuilt turbo, when he owns/works for a company that does exactly this.

Please Greg, dont send out copied and pasted PM's to everyone on here advertising your company and then asking me not to tell anyone, as it's underhand and really rather sneaky.

Plus If you had bothered to take more than 3 seconds to paste the PM, you would of realised I live nowhere near you and so probably wouldn't be interested even if i did need a turbo rebuild (which I dont!!)