fuel pump problem maybe

barnry2

had revo stage 2 installed. max power was 265 as it was starting to starve itself of fuel. surly with autotech internals this cannot be. confident parts were fitted correctly. my pump is revision f were jkm say h and j are only suitable. does the problem lie here. am i being robbed of some power. 2006 octavia. milltek exhaust, evoms, forge dv revo 2.

Aha you're from Ireland, i use that RR at Westard. With just a remap i only got 237bhp so it's an accurate RR, we use that on RR days on the irish forum. I'm in the process of fitting a pump and twintercooler and an Evoms. I already have a full Miltek. I will then be going to that RR when all is fitted. Could be high temps on the RR making it pull back. What's it like on the road?

To get 280 bhp+ you may need the extra intercooler like the forge twintercooler. Will know for sure in a couple of weeks.

265bhp ain't bad, it's nearly 30bhp more than a remap. How come two graphs on the one? Other says 249bhp?

Edited by Micky 32

249 was an earlier run on rr. car alot better than standard but seems to hesitate slightly around 5k rpm. its driving me nuts. i ve ben told my rev pump might be problem. forge cooler is next when i get over this problem.

249 was an earlier run on rr. car alot better than standard but seems to hesitate slightly around 5k rpm. its driving me nuts. i ve ben told my rev pump might be problem. forge cooler is next when i get over this problem.

What mods were on the car when it gave 249? Did you check your dv?

Seems the Evoms gave a nice increase on a stage 1. Without an evoms a stage 1 gave 238bhp on that RR. I'm fitting all my stuff over the next few weeks and i'll let you know what i make on those rollers.

• 2 weeks later...

I now have all the mods you have. It shouldn't hesitate at 5k. I fitted the Evom's tonight and at 5k in 5th the car takes off again! With the OEM intake the power was just linear and wouldn't take off again at 5k.

I had the same problem stg2 and fuel pump. To get it to work properly it needs re-mapping to stg2 +. Basically it increases the fuel pressure available to 130 bar, the stg 2 map only gives 120 bar.

I also fitted denso irridium plugs, now goes like stink with absolutly no hesitation all the way through to 7000 rpm.

Gaz