VRS Brakes Squeal

Recently the front brakes on my fabia have start to squeal as soon as they are slightly applied. The squealing generally only starts after driving for 10 minutes or longer and I don't thrash it.

Has anyone got any advise on what might cause this and if there is anything I can do to remedy it.

The performance of the brakes is also useless so if anyone has any tips for increasing the braking power please let me know.

In reply to the brakes querie, do you find the brakes squeek when the car is moving when not using the brakes, this could be a seized caliper catching on the disc.

In regards to improving the brakes, I would change up to 312's from the octavia vrs.

Hope this helps

How many miles have the pads/discs done? Are the within tolerance in terms of wear/thickness?

Mine squeal. I think there's a lip on one of the discs or something. Wear is fine, so I just jump on them every so often and the noise goes away.

Upgrades: 312mm, or better 288 size stuff.

I just had a service and MOT and was expecting to have new pads as mine were really squeaky. It just turned out that eveything was just covered in break dust and needed a good clean, and I was advised I my pads and discs had a good amount of life left.

cheers for the replies.

I will try cleaning everything off and see if that helps.

The brakes only squeal when they are applied and not when the car is rolling free.

The pads have been on the car since new as far as I know, and the car has done about 36k. Should they have been changed by now? I don't drive the car particularly hard so they haven't been used heavily.

The only work ever done on the brakes that I know of was when the brake fluid was changed.