HELP: Wonder if TPM sensor works or not.

isoma

Last mount I got the flat tire but didn't get any warning from Tire Pressure Monitoring system. When I test the car with wagcom (control module 65). I am getting the message of "no response from controller".

So I check the control module in sequence with "19-CAN GATEWAY- coding- long coding helper-3F-BYTE 1- Bit 7- 65 tire pressure monitoring".

This was not selected (ticked) and I ticked it

But after ticking it I tested the car, I got the message below in either car is working or not:

"01325 - Control Module for Tire Pressure Monitoring (J502)

004 - No Signal/Communication

Freeze Frame:

Fault Status: 01100100

Fault Priority: 2

Fault Frequency: 1

Reset counter: 240

Mileage: 21085 km

Time Indication: 0

Date: 2000.00.00

Time: 02:31:11"

So I'm not sure my TPM sensor is working.

I need your help on this subject

How can I understand in another way if my TPM sensor is working or not?

My cable Micro-Can from ROSSTECH and licenced. I'm using 704.1 ( Because I couldn't make the newer version (805. etc) worked. My car is OCT II- 2006 ELEGANCE with TPM sensor and button on dash)

All replies will be apreciated.

Best regards

Edited by isoma

I might not be on the right track here but there are different TPM systems available across the VAG platforms, the Octavia system doesn't actually see any real tyre pressure but works things out via the ABS sensors, if it sees any drastic change in the circumference of the tyre (read: puncture) it will flag up a TPM warning. The reason you have a comms error/ no response from module 65 is because it probably isn't there.

It is known for not being particularly accurate, some report good results, some people say it's cr@p.

I would untick the box or it will keep flagging up the same error.