Octy problems

Sometimes i wish i had never gone on this Forum, our 55 plate Elegance 140 dsg i thought was the best car we have had in ages , but one thread said about a/c problems and sure enough out of the blue i had big problem with ours , by the way its all been done under warranty. Next comments was about cruise control and yep we had ours rectified as well. Then the dmf problem came up and i did not even begun to be aware i had a problem , lucky me the dealer heard me start up one day and said they will look into it , result i starter and flywheel.Last week it went in for first mot and failed because of a gaiter then the rear washer jet had to be replaced.Now today someone got a turbo gone and here i am this week out of warranty and this is in 29000 miles. Keep it to yourselves lads as your frightning the life out of me.

I certainly would have thought twice about buying my Octy 4x4 TDi last year if I had read about all the potential grief in store.

The car itself is good, but for something coming out of a factory, when there's three (?) years experience of the product being in the field, and there're still design faults is unforgiveable!!

Well, some are ok. I've got a 56 plate Elegance 140 dsg Estate (which came with 3 years free serving) and so far it has had no faults and cost me about £40 for new brake fluid. Only problem is some scratches on the passenger side mirror and that was caused by going too fast down a very narrow lane in France with stone walls on each side...

Guy

p.s. It's my third Skoda and they have all been pretty good (and no, I don't work for a Stealer!)

• 4 months later...
Sometimes i wish i had never gone on this Forum, our 55 plate Elegance 140 dsg i thought was the best car we have had in ages , but one thread said about a/c problems and sure enough out of the blue i had big problem with ours , by the way its all been done under warranty. Next comments was about cruise control and yep we had ours rectified as well. Then the dmf problem came up and i did not even begun to be aware i had a problem , lucky me the dealer heard me start up one day and said they will look into it , result i starter and flywheel.Last week it went in for first mot and failed because of a gaiter then the rear washer jet had to be replaced.Now today someone got a turbo gone and here i am this week out of warranty and this is in 29000 miles. Keep it to yourselves lads as your frightning the life out of me.

What kind of noise did it make on start up?