missed out on second policy

Timo

Can I ask a question? I am insured with yourselves and am happy at the mo, (except for the fact it took 6 months for you to tell me that in fact the annual payment I 'made', hadn't gone through as had been advised and I would have to pay now, big hit on wallet at this time of year).

I phoned to get my partner and her car (bog standard 12yo old golf estate) insured with yourselves, easier to have all under one company. As she sold her last car and has been driving my car for the last 4 years she had 0 NCB. I asked whether some of my 12 yrs NCB with her on it could be taken into consideration, I was told that the cheapest route by far would be for me to get a second brand new policy with 0 NCB that could be 'discounted' as a result of my no claims on my other policy and add her, rather than her start a fresh policy on her own.

Out of curiosity I looked on a comparison site, where I found I could start a fresh policy in her name with 0 NCB for up to £100 less from at least 10 reputable companies (same benefits etc).

Would have prefered to have all in one basket but at 2/3 of AF quote had to go elsewhere.

Why was this the case, was I given incorrect advice regarding new policies?

• Sponsor
Can I ask a question? I am insured with yourselves and am happy at the mo, (except for the fact it took 6 months for you to tell me that in fact the annual payment I 'made', hadn't gone through as had been advised and I would have to pay now, big hit on wallet at this time of year).

I phoned to get my partner and her car (bog standard 12yo old golf estate) insured with yourselves, easier to have all under one company. As she sold her last car and has been driving my car for the last 4 years she had 0 NCB. I asked whether some of my 12 yrs NCB with her on it could be taken into consideration, I was told that the cheapest route by far would be for me to get a second brand new policy with 0 NCB that could be 'discounted' as a result of my no claims on my other policy and add her, rather than her start a fresh policy on her own.

Out of curiosity I looked on a comparison site, where I found I could start a fresh policy in her name with 0 NCB for up to £100 less from at least 10 reputable companies (same benefits etc).

Would have prefered to have all in one basket but at 2/3 of AF quote had to go elsewhere.

Why was this the case, was I given incorrect advice regarding new policies?

Hi Mate.

Firstly - please feel free to PM me your customer ref number if the annual payment issue has not been resolved. Then I can get this looked into.

By the sounds of things, it seems like you were advised how to proceed with us (Flux) but every company is different. However, I would be happy to look in to a quote again for your partner in further detail and see if we could get any further discounts. Please PM me if you would like me to do this for you. Cheers Dan