grrr front wipers not working need fuse help

RallyRed

Driving home lastnight in the snow and the front wipers stopped working they were working fine until i tried to squirt the screen.

Now the fronts don't work at all and the fluid wont squirts. but pulling the stalk towards me makes the rear wipers go and squirt.

I went to check the fuses and in their infinite wisdom Skoda don't have a fuse diagram in the users manual.

I've done a search on here and gather there should be a card inside the fusebox lid.

well tytpically there isn't. whats wrong with having it in the book or stuck to the lid?

so any of you kind peeps have a fuse diagram for a 2000 1.416v Elegance.

found old post with links to vrs stu's site but they all dead.

Edited by RallyRed

the muther in law had this problem on her fabia estste at the weekend,

it was a 10amp fuse in position 15 as on the diagram found here:

Fabia-vrs.com - Fuse Panel Layout

dont know when they started adding the fuse lay-out in the manual, but both her car & mine are 55 plate and both have it.

hope you get it sorted.

Dave

When the Fabia first came out and there was this problem, the advice from Skoda was to replace the blown 5A fuse with a 10A. To avoid this happening in the future you may well need to up the concentration of the screenwash in the washer bottle.

Also go by the fuse numbers adjacent to each fuse as the diagrams in the owners manual depict the fuse box for a left hand drive car and are consequently a mirror image of the fuse box in your car.

Edited by fordfan
Added extra information

• 1 month later...
the muther in law had this problem on her fabia estste at the weekend,

it was a 10amp fuse in position 15 as on the diagram found here:

Fabia-vrs.com - Fuse Panel Layout

dont know when they started adding the fuse lay-out in the manual, but both her car & mine are 55 plate and both have it.

hope you get it sorted.

Dave

We just experienced this exact problem, and I suspected it was the fuse, just wasn't sure which one and being dark I wasn't going to look now. I am pleasantly surprised to see the solution online (The Internet is truly an amazing place). "Onthejazz" or Dave, thanks for your post. This is so helpful.

Mike

We just experienced this exact problem, and I suspected it was the fuse, just wasn't sure which one and being dark I wasn't going to look now. I am pleasantly surprised to see the solution online (The Internet is truly an amazing place). "Onthejazz" or Dave, thanks for your post. This is so helpful.

Mike

If get past all the "Wat tyrez u fink is best on my VRS?" or even all the "Check out these new rimz day is wkd" threads you will find this is one of the best car forums around :thumbup:

Just did a google search and found this site.

I have been trying to find this problem for a few days.

Thank you so much for this Dave. You have saved me so much trouble.

All the Best.

Jim :)

Welcome along! :cool: Why not sign up for the £12 p.a freedom scheme and get access to all the juicy areas of the site. You never know what kind of help you will find for your motor. :thumbup: