Help -no dipped beam!!

DJM

Anyone in here able to help?

My wife's 04 furby (1.4Tdi) has lost dipped beam on BOTH sides...

Checked fuses OK, checked bulbs & look OK, dash pilot light comes on so assume switch is OK..

Is there a Relay anywhere in the circuit, I've had a good look round & can't see anything without starting to pull panels off...

Just back out with the meter to see if there is any volts at the bulb terminals... brrrr

David

Duh

Yep 12v on bulb socket & no cct through bulb, not even a single turn of filament missing so very difficult to see!!

Check the obvious, Check the obvious, Check the obvious, Check the obvious, Check the obvious, Check the obvious, Check the obvious, Check the obvious, Check the obvious, Check the obvious,

:)

There seems to be a lot of "no dipped beam" threads around just now on all of this shared platforms forums. Also, in my case it was "lights are a bit dull - must need cleaned" - when I eventually looked, the O/S lamp was out - bulb O/C. Now I wonder how many people actually check their lights regularly, as I'd reckon this sudden "no dipped beam" will be due the second bulb going O/C - the first one going O/C having happened without being noticed! Otherwise its a bit tricky trying to work out what caused this sudden loss of dipped beam on both sides - while the mains work okay - quite a few people (on other forums) seem to be spending a lot of time trying to visualise what the problem might be instead of trying a spare bulb in each side first before looking for trouble. I suspect the lack of feed-back in these other forums on this sort of thread is acute embarasment! Actually a few people that have H4 dual filament bulbs quickly dismiss the bulb being the cause as it works on main beam - now that is being a bit silly!

2 New bulbs in thismorning & all OK...

Didn't notice a bulb out warning - but it is a basic model, I agree that often the first bulb out isn't noticed & then when the 2nd goes it gets very dark!... I did look at the bulbs initially but they /looked/ OK - there was the slightest break in the filament, usually there is a decent sized bit missing!

David

now if I can just get my octy sorted....