Drivers window starting to stick

skippy41

I'd go for silicone as WD could possibly attack the seals.

Thanks for the tip though Superbia - it's so obvious I'd never thought of it! :o

My driver's regulator went a few months back. Serious pain in the bum, and about £200 to get fixed. Not really a DIY job either... anyone ever taken off the door card?? :eek::eek:

I'd avoid WD40 if possible, make sure you use a silicone based spray. The cheapest is those smelly dashboard cleaners, full of silicone & half the price of a can of silicone spray from Maplins.

Also it could be one of the bolts that hold the channels inside the door frame come loose, like most of us cabbies I'm sure your window gets loads of work, this is a known fault with the lads down here.

Her indoors has just said it noisy as well, like a grinding sound, when she puts it up it closes then opens a bit, its as if the anti strangle is kicking in

Grinding? That was the noise mine made when it broke it's regulator...

@ Supacabby, perhaps you should have a look in my project diary for what a Superb looks like under it's door card.... :eek:

Agree with Superbia though - get that silicone/dashboard cleaner/whatever on the seals first.