Auto dimming rear view mirror

pdd0773

possibly....on my A6 the door mirrors dimmed way too much. they took on the dark green tint that the rear view mirror does. they were awful as you couldnt see what was going on on the motorway with approaching vehicles (ie which lane they were in). the skoda ones are better - i was just puzzled as to why i couldnt see any difference.

• 2 months later...

DigitalMirrors.co.uk do a great Auto Dimming Clip-On Rear View Mirror in different tints-I got one and I have found it invaluable-hope this is useful.Comes with long-life batteries fitted.

Edited by GBLAF
amended/added info

• 4 years later...

There's nothing like a good old thread revival!

My 2011 Superb has auto lights and wipers (so has the senosr on the screen) but no auto-dimming rear view mirror.

I really miss it!

Can I simply buy an auto-dimming rear view mirror and fit it? Is the power feed wire there already?

• 1 year later...

There's nothing like a good old thread revival!

My 2011 Superb has auto lights and wipers (so has the senosr on the screen) but no auto-dimming rear view mirror.

I really miss it!

Can I simply buy an auto-dimming rear view mirror and fit it? Is the power feed wire there already?

Sorry to dig up an old thread but my 2011 se plus is the same i.e. auto wipers & lights but no auto dim mirror,if i bought an auto dip mirror would it just plus straight in or would i need extra wiring & separate connector for the mirror.

• 2 weeks later...

You've just beat me to this, as I've actually just bought an auto-dim mirror to add to mine. Checked on ETKA and the same bracket is used for the mirror to light/rain sensor, regardless on whether it is an auto-dim or not, so took the plunge and ordered myself one.

Removed the covers around the mirror in the hope that the plug was there waiting but unfortunately not! My question is, does anyone know the destination for the 3 wires on my mirror? I've added an auto-dim previously to my old Toledo (had to drill the bracket to run the wires on that, thankfully no such thing required for this!! :whew: ), and know that one is live, one earth, and the other for when reverse is engaged (to disable the mirror at night), but need someone to help identify which is which please. :sweat::thumbup: