Stuck diagnostics ?K-line problem

Oncologists

2 Felicia 1997's, SIMOS 2P

My OBD2 reader will not link, using all protocols. Tried a friend's VAG-COM which worked before on both cars, but does not work now. Interface lights up OK, but get error message 3, suggesting interface not connected or K-line stuck. Since neither VAG-COM nor a known good generic code reader will not link, I am inclined to think that there is a K-line problem in both cars! Any advice much appreciated. I have not disconnected the battery because I am afraid of losing all immobiliser and radio codes. I don't want to inveswt in my own copy of VAG-COM because I now have a generic reader, and shall probably get a different make of car next time. Thanks if you can assist.

HJ

If it is not radio related or fuse related, then your only choice would be to begin unplugging modules one at a time to see which module is hanging the bus. You should do this by looking at a wiring diagram for the car. As you eliminate a module, make a note. At the end, if all modules are disconnected and you still have the problem, then you have a short in the "loom" as you Brits call it.