Windscreen frozen on inside

jaxx007

Hi guys, I ran a search for windscreen and the results that came up didn't help me.

Almost every cold morning (5:30) I come out and the inside of my windscreen is dripping... and I mean dripping wet. I came out the other morning and the inside water had actually froze solid on the inside of the windscreen. I remember reading somewhere (think it was fab 1 forum) that leaving blowers pointing to feet and closing vents on the dash helps... but it hasn't. Not at all.

This surely can't be normal... can it???

Oh and the rear screen is aaaaaaaaaaaaaaalways steamed up and needs de-misting. Another real pain, but my priority is the wet windscreen. How are yours, are yours the same or is mine dodgy???

Friends of mine with their octy 2 is having the same probs were the inside of the window has froozen in the mornings. I think they took it in under warrenty up griffin mill, I think they said it was a leaking seal in the boot? as the boot was soaking aswell. will have a word and see what the out come was.

If there is condensation, there must be water ingress into the cars interior. The usual Fabia I suspects are the door carriers and blocked plenum chamber drains, these may well apply to the Fabia II, also check to see that the air conditioning is venting its extracted water.

The extreme mositure you have sounds like there is a problem with something and I can think of nothing that has not already been mentioned above.

However, I have greatly reduced the amount of misting in my car recently by turning my climate control to Lo for the last couple of minutes of my journey. This does mean I get cold air coming into the car but by replacing the warm (moist air) with outside colder (drier) air I do not get condensation the next morning. I could bore you with the geeky details of dewpoints etc but will save you that fun!!!!!

I had a problem like this with my Mk1 , it was water building up in the plenum chamber (under the plastic cover where the windscreen wipers are) due to blocked drain holes. I had to get a new pollen filter as well , as the water was draining through this onto the passenger side front mat (have you checked to see if you have wet mats/carpets anywhere?) Fixing this problem cured mine , its now no harder to demist than any other car. I havent used de icer on the inside of my car since the last time I had an (aircooled) Vw Beetle!

Hi guys, I ran a search for windscreen and the results that came up didn't help me.

Almost every cold morning (5:30) I come out and the inside of my windscreen is dripping... and I mean dripping wet. I came out the other morning and the inside water had actually froze solid on the inside of the windscreen. I remember reading somewhere (think it was fab 1 forum) that leaving blowers pointing to feet and closing vents on the dash helps... but it hasn't. Not at all.

This surely can't be normal... can it???

Oh and the rear screen is aaaaaaaaaaaaaaalways steamed up and needs de-misting. Another real pain, but my priority is the wet windscreen. How are yours, are yours the same or is mine dodgy???

Remove the pollen filter, that should cure it

Radiotwo

We had this problem with our Fabia II, it is indeed caused by moisture entering the car.

We found that one of the hand operated rear windows had not been fully closed, it was only about 4mm open and difficult to see as the top of the glass was actually resting on the seal.