2007 Superb servicing cost

Good Morning to everyone. My Superb 1.9TD 07 is now due to have its 1st service at 14,000 miles (variable service settings) I rang my local Skoda dealer and they quoted £274. To me that sounds a bit high for what appears to be a oil and filter change and an inspection. Has anyone any idea if this is a reasonable cost or should I challange it. I also wondered if the cost of servicing varys from dealer to dealer. Thanks and Merry Christmas to everyone.

Hello and welcome to the forum :)

Yeah, that's about right - the problem is that they charge a fortune for the oil. Oil's a well discussed topic around here as it's so damned expensive. They also do a "lot of checks" for your money, apparently... but I had the same conversation with my local dealer when I first got my Superb. It's serviced either by myself or a local independent now ;)

The price itself seems a little high though, they're normally around the £200 - £220 mark for a minor service.

So why am I been charged £140 (inc VAT) for a first vairable on my Octy II vRS PD?

Surely a 2.0 would require (slightly) more oil than a 1.9 and they are both PD engines?

Steve

So why am I been charged £140 (inc VAT) for a first vairable on my Octy II vRS PD?

Surely a 2.0 would require (slightly) more oil than a 1.9 and they are both PD engines?

Steve

Not always - my AWX engine (130bhp 1.9 TDI) needs 3.8l of oil - my mum's BLT (130bhp 1.9 TDI) needs closer to 5 I believe.

Size and power of the engine isn't always directly related to the amount of oil it needs.