Cruise Control instructions

Gunswick

i have read the manual on how it works, but its a bit confusing!

as i understand it:

1) get to the speed you want, e.g. 50mph

2) press "SET" on the end of the stalk, car will now stay at 50mph

3) press brake or clutch and it turns off - does it stay off or does it resume?

4) flick slider to the right, to "OFF" to cancel it all.

5) what happens if you flick it left, to "RES"? because sliding it like that also manually increases the speed, like the set button also reduces speed.

see why its a bit confusing?! can anyone in ENGLISH :lol:

explain how it works, how it resumes, how it switches off

thanks! :)

When you hit the brake or clutch the CC disengages as you say. Now slide to RES and release (which is resume BTW) and you will return to the last set speed. I never turn my cruise to the off position, just hit the button as and when it's needed and cancel with a dab of the clutch.

Mine doesn't seem to work like it should do - it seems to have a "standby" mode. You set it as usual by pressing the end (SET), then you can advance it in increments of 2mph by flicking the switch on the front of the stalk left, or put it into "standby" mode by flicking the switch right.

If you have it set to a certain speed e.g. 70 and accelerate up to 75, then let off the throttle it will return to 70 and stay there unless you put it into standby mode in which case it will carry on slowing down.

You can bring it out of standby mode and back to the last speed you set it to by flicking the switch left (RESUME). You can turn it off completely by pushing the switch all the way right until it clicks. (OFF)

I leave mine in standby all the time apart from when I had problems with it earlier this year (faulty brake light switch) when I had it turned all the way off.

Hope that helps a bit - I was really confused with mine when I got it :confused::o

Mine doesn't seem to work like it should do - it seems to have a "standby" mode.

It's working just fine they are all like that.

Not sure why they have an off position (click it off) as they all start in the off position and have to be set each time you turn the ignition on, much better to just have a cancel position that is sprung loaded.

It's working just fine they are all like that.

Not sure why they have an off position (click it off) as they all start in the off position and have to be set each time you turn the ignition on, much better to just have a cancel position that is sprung loaded.

Mine is as you've described- spring loaded 'off' which acts as a cancel.

AFAIK there are two different stick designs and I have the older one.

Mine is as you've described- spring loaded 'off' which acts as a cancel.

AFAIK there are two different stick designs and I have the older one.

Now you mention it that does ring a bell, mine was only fitted about 3 years ago, so i assume it would of been the newer version.

If you push the switch to the right it cancels the cruise setting. Pushing the switch to the left 'Resumes' the set speed. (Stand-by; as chicken_eyebrow describes it.)

If you push the switch to the right & continue pushing past the 'spring' until it clicks, this switches the CC off. This setting stops the CC being used. i.e. an new driver cannot accidentally set the cruise by knocking the button on the end of the stalk.

If you touch the brake or clutch the CC goes into standby, similar to the 1st paragraph above.

Push the switch to the left & hold it & the speed setting (& vehicle speed) will increase.

If the ignition is switched off, the CC loses it's memory of it's previous speed setting but is still 'On' & in 'Standby' unless the switched is pushed completely to the right as in para 2 above.

This is how mine works anyway.

HTH

Edited by The Ors
Added info