Oh. Now I know.

QorbeQ

That would depend on the Corsa.

Not everyone who modifies a Corsa / Nova is into big wings, wheel arch kits and Burberry ;)

I know of 2 Corsas which would scare the living daylights out of a lot of much "better" cars. One is running a supercharged Astra 16V engine and the other has a modified Cav Turbo engine in it. Bothe weigh under 1000kg, yet both push out over 250BHP.

On the Nova front, there is a "club" called the Performance Nova Group. They are, on the whole, 30+ year olds who buy sheds and then modify them. Very understated, yet very well sorted. Buy things from Harry(?) Hockley who used to build rally cars, things like adjustable track rods, wider axle kits, mainly handling type stuff.

Then there are those who buy them to compete. IIRC Paul (Rallymarshall on here) had a rather brisk Nova and has since swapped to a Corsa for tarmac rallies.

That would depend on the Corsa.

Not everyone who modifies a Corsa / Nova is into big wings' date=' wheel arch kits and Burberry ;)

I know of 2 Corsas which would scare the living daylights out of a lot of much "better" cars. One is running a supercharged Astra 16V engine and the other has a modified Cav Turbo engine in it. Bothe weigh under 1000kg, yet both push out over 250BHP.

On the Nova front, there is a "club" called the Performance Nova Group. They are, on the whole, 30+ year olds who buy sheds and then modify them. Very understated, yet very well sorted. Buy things from Harry(?) Hockley who used to build rally cars, things like adjustable track rods, wider axle kits, mainly handling type stuff.

Then there are those who buy them to compete. IIRC Paul (Rallymarshall on here) had a rather brisk Nova and has since swapped to a Corsa for tarmac rallies.[/quote']

Agree with the comments about mature people building really nice Novas...

Few years ago where I was working a secretarial temp turned up in a white Nova GT/E whilst walking past it in the car park I noticed it had rear disks. Got chatting to the temp and both her and hubby turned out to be keen car fans.

The Nova had a 2L 16v 150bhp twin cam out of the Astra shoe horned in to it, it was now running on carbs rather than injection but it was a really nice conversion. Looked standard, maybe a bit lower than std with slightly wider rubber but difficult to tell as a casual observer.

I was driving a 2L Vectra at the time, I would have swapped cars on the spot. Obviously the Nove was this womans pride and joy, so no chance of a swap. :(