smelly heater (when hot) on fabia or similar, anyone have this ?

Hi, I have a strange smell that comes from my heater vents when the engine is at full temperature and the heater is on hot.... therefore I only tend to notice this at the end of a drive of say 15 miles.

The smell is hard to describe but it smells like something dead, a kind of 'off' smell

The car has air con which isn't in use when you can smell this smell and yet it does get plenty of use, so I can rule out issues with smelly air-con due to lack of use build up inside the air con

I had a new Fiat van a few years ago which I was sure suffered from the same problem

does anyone have this problem or know what the cause is ??

thanks in advance for the help

Paul.

Thanks for the advice, I'll take a look at that pollen filter. Interestingly, I changed a Fabia for a Roomster, didn't like the Fabia much but I'm very happy with the extra space I've got with the Roomster.

Was looking at some of the pictures connected with the one you have on your reply (of your Roomster), is the smashed Fabia your old car ? what happened ?

Paul.