which Thule roof bars for Octy Estate with roof rails

Does anyone know that the part numbers are for the Thule ones?

I'v looking on some of the fitting guids on the net, and cant see the Octy II estate with roof bars listed.

the only Octy II estate I can see listed specifies the following parts

TRK750, TRK761, TRK1380

This Foot pack is the one which clamps on the roof around the doors,

the old shape Octy with roof bars lists the following parts

TRK757, TRK761

These are the foot pack which clamp onto the roof rails. Will these fit the Octy II roof rails too, because if so, I have the party I need.

I have a whole load of old thule stuff, and I'm hoping I will have the parts I require.

All roof rail fitted cars fit the same Thule footpacks, only the width of bars differs - so the bars you have and feet will fit. You would need longer bars for a Volvo V70 or 850!

Just get out nd try them on!

The official ones are Thule as well. I don't know about prices, but when I bought the car the official ones were quite a bit cheaper than going to Halfrauds or another distributor for the same ones without the badge on. However, I did get the discount with buying them the same time as the car so I don't know if the full price will tip it into beign more expensive. Just something to think about.

Strangely there is a 'No Fit' for the Octy II on Thule's website.

I have though found these as an alternative;- Roof bars, Thule roof rack, Roof box, Cycle Carriers, Bike carriers, Boot Liners & Tow Bars

or I guess you should try the OE Skoda roof bars.

Thule roof rail foot packs are basically the same for whatever car! Never mond the manufacturer, let alone model. So foot pack 755 fits: Octavia (all!) Fabia, VW (all) Audi (all) Volvo (all) Ford (all0 Vauxhall (all) etc - AS LONG as they have roof rails that sit above the roof with the gap below (some Audis and Vaux have rails that are flush with the roof and soem cars - the Mk2 Focus for example - a slot in a rail fixed to the roof). The cross bar is Thule 761 for the Octavia (all!) and is the same size for the majority of cars, though there is a shorter one - 760 (example Fabia) and longer - 762 example Volvo V70).

So any roof rail fitting kit will fit any roof rail fitted car, the length of the bar may differ.

Go to www.roofbox.co.uk for the full part lists (including Thule listings for Octavia 2005 on) and also for other, somewhat less expensive, alternatives. Bizarre that Thule don't list these parts as they clearly fit ANY roof rail fitted car! Their site even says 'NO FIT you need Thule Rapid Fit, or Traditional - guess what? 761 bars are the ones used in either Rapid or traditional and 755 is the Rapid fit foot pack!

Edited by fireftrm

Strangely there is a 'No Fit' for the Octy II on Thule's website.

I have though found these as an alternative;- Roof bars, Thule roof rack, Roof box, Cycle Carriers, Bike carriers, Boot Liners & Tow Bars

or I guess you should try the OE Skoda roof bars.

I noticed that there were no bars specified on the Thule website for the Octy 2 estate which is the reason for my question incase there was a difference on the roof rails preventing the standard estate type roof rail clamps being used.

I wans to stick to the Thule range as I already have a couple of different length bars, and a few different foot pack so usually when I change cars the new roof rack is fairly cheap as all I need is a fitting kit.

I understand that the genuine Skoda bars at the Thule ones, but I dont want to but therm from the dealers as i already have the bars.

Hopefully by the end of the week I'll have the new car, and I'll be able to try them for myself.

If you have Thule roof rail foot packs for the Mkl, or any other car, then they will fit the Mkll

If you haven't then you need foot pack 755 (latest part number, if you had foot packs fitting a roof rail car with a previous number they will fit)

If you have Thule roof rail foot packs for the Mkl, or any other car, then they will fit the Mkll

If you haven't then you need foot pack 755 (latest part number, if you had foot packs fitting a roof rail car with a previous number they will fit)

What he said!!

I have a set of bars with a footpack that Thule don't even make anymore! (pre dates the rapid fit system)

Thanks to sticking with Estate cars I've not needed to change the roof bars or the footpack since getting the bars, 2nd hand, for £40 in 2001. (Citroen BX Est (the student special), Pug 306 Est, Mk 1 Octy Est and now the Scout).

Niall