Indicators not flashing when locking car

Spanner

Just been out and changed the dipped beam bulbs and thought i'd try and re-adjust the boot lock by losening the spline bolts and sliding it then tightening them up. In the course of doing this i noticed the central locking wasn't quite working properly as the indicators didn't flash when locking the car. Also when i unlock all the doors, open the boot and 30secs later all the doors lock! Very strange, but when I lock all the doors the boot is locked. How does the alarm/central locking detect whether the boot and the doors are open? Is it the black pads on the boot lid sides?

I think from reading the handbook that the alarm is still active but the deadlocks arent working?

If you dont open the doors after unlocking them they will automatically lock again.

Its some sort of safty thing.

They are meant to do this.

There is a micro switch in every door/boot lock and this detects whether the door/boot is open.

My last Fabia flashed the indicators when you locked it.. then for a week or so, it didn't.... then it did again and never stopped again.. put it down to one of those things....

Cheers.

Yeah its the boot! When you switch it on the boot indicator on the dash stays lit. Well i was trying to make it shut tighter but now i have no idea how to get it to shuty so it doesnt come on. I've tried repositioning the boot lock both forward and back but it stayed on, but pushing the boot down near the edge seemed to cause the indicator to flicker. The lock does lock so i thought i thought it was something else.

Thats what makes me think its like those magnetic type window locks and its those black blocks that are supposed to mate when the boot closes.

Your rear wisher pipe will be off/leaking causeing the water to get into your boot micro switch and keep the boot open light on all the time.

This could also be effecting the CL.

Sounds like the cause anyway.