Just about to buy a Superb

CRC

What that dealers are owned by manufactorers ?

Post the email then as it's a new one on me.

SUK = Skoda United Kingdom

The e.mail basically says...we aren't willing to help

Anyway, let it drop now, I've proved my point here, there's agreement with Giz now, no need to further stoke it up is there.

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

SUK = Skoda United Kingdom

The e.mail basically says...we aren't willing to help

Anyway, let it drop now, I've proved my point here, there's agreement with Giz now, no need to further stoke it up is there.

Thats nothing to do with who owns who.

I'm sick and tired of people complaining about poor service from skoda, audi etc etc when 99.99999% of the time the issue is with the franchise dealer and not the manufacturer.

This isn't stirring it... it's correcting in-accuracy which the internet and forums in particular are terrible for spreading.

I'm sick and tired of people complaining about poor service from skoda, audi etc etc when 99.99999% of the time the issue is with the franchise dealer and not the manufacturer.

This isn't stirring it... it's correcting in-accuracy which the internet and forums in particular are terrible for spreading.

Alright, let me fill you in, I had a fault I could only replicate on a road that was across water and involved the dealer sending a mechanic on a three mile drive and a hop on the ferry which I was willing to pick the cost up for, all in all 30 minutes of time, they were unwilling to do this so I got in touch with SUK, to start with I had a nice lady who seemed to want to help, during one of our calls her supervisor jumps in and states they are backing the dealer up and won't help, a few days later I get an e.mail stating the same thing, now as the car had spent 2 hours on the ramp trying to find what was wrong with it, 30 minutes to positively identify the fault seemed like a good idea to me, but not them, I see this as a blatant refusal and a convenience to them to get out of fixing my car, I had the samething with an EGR valve, clearly the rubber in it was split from the noise it was making, so I go for a replacement, 4 hrs later I get the car back still making the noise, they'd cleaned it even though it said to replace it, second time around I got a new valve because I saw the jobsheet and all was fine, but I'd been blagged they were replacing something else, now although I don't really want to back the dealer up I feel they were instructed to clean it 1st time by Skoda, and had to or they wouldn't have been paid for the job, there is also another member here who asked me to look at his car after the same franchise both misdiagnosed a fault and also gave him his car back looking like a car theif had been trying to get the dashboard out, again he complained and SUK came down on the dealer's side, to say my Skoda experience on the backup side is poor is a complete understatement, car wise the brand is fine, I like my car, I can't find anything to beat it tbh for what it offer's, but at the end of the day it's the 1st marque of car where I've found the manufacturer so unhelpful, I've had Peugeot bend over backwards to help me with a dog they sold me brand new in the past, samething with VX dealers, although I've never had cause to get GM involved in anything before, 8 cars later that ain't a bad result is it, and if you read the VW forum it's littered with ppl with the same complaints, which leads me to conclude rather than SUK being to blame on it's own it's VAG policy coming into play, hope this clears a few things up for you.:thumbup:

I would like to see the stats that back up that claim!!!!

Just an update on the "end of warranty" check that I had done at the Skoda dealers yesterday.

Pollen filter ... I took the printout of the VW method of changing the pollen filter seal with me, and the service guy seemed a little cagey about divulging too much information, but after 1.5 hours (they wouldn't let me watch), apparently they "took the pollen filter out, cleaned it and re-sealed it with a sealant, also checking / clearing the plenum drains."

Seemed as if it was a well known problem and the fix was pretty common knowledge, but everything was a little "vague", as if it shouldn't really be a problem so we don't really talk about it. Assume it was all done OK, but will find out next time it really rains.

They also found a fault in one of the parking sensors and will fix that under warranty.

1.5 hours and the charge was £37, which seemed pretty good to me, as it was about half what had been mentioned in the initial phone call. (I'd initially asked just for an "end of warranty check")

Was interested to read there about the particulate filter and the way of keeping it clear, then relieved to be told the V6 doesn't have one:thumbup:

All in all, quite a good experience ..... I think.

506.00 is old spec. Std for PD on 10k/1 yr (you DO want to do this, avoid longlife at all costs) is 505.01. The longlife oil is 507.00, which shoudl be okay to use but I wouldn't let it get to longlife intervals. I pay around £25.00 for 5l of 505.01.

Greg.