Double Din Fascia

Supurbia

Autoleads don't list anything, I'm just downloading the Connects2 catalogue to see if they've got anything, but I doubt it.

I think the dealer does something though...

EDIT: In fact, they must do... don't you need this when you fit a DX?

Edited by Bluefox
Just remembered!

Doesn't matter now, I've blown it up, air freshner leaked on to it and the oil got behind the screen, etched the lcd and when I tried to clean it the unit developed a mind of it's own and lit one up, oh well I guess the morale of the story is diconnect it and don't try to quick fix it while you're at work, just as well it didn't owe me a lot, if it'd been £500 worth of Kenwood you'd all be drowning right now:D

Doesn't matter now, I've blown it up, air freshner leaked on to it and the oil got behind the screen, etched the lcd and when I tried to clean it the unit developed a mind of it's own and lit one up, oh well I guess the morale of the story is diconnect it and don't try to quick fix it while you're at work, just as well it didn't owe me a lot, if it'd been £500 worth of Kenwood you'd all be drowning right now:D

Thought about speaking to the people you got the air freshener off?

Na, it was a Mr Cheap shop, I thought they were ambipure ones when I bought them, cheap copies though, plug that was loose in the bottle and a clip system that was like balancing a PC monitor on one hand, I've just got to put it down to experience this time, had it been a proper branded one I might've had a chance, but not with these, I really posted this as more of a warning to everyone else so they don't get caught out the same way.

Read their small print to see if it says "do not pour onto electrical devices" if not then you have got em! :rofl:

Why would you want to put a liquid air freshener above an expensive electric item anyway? Thats what the side air vents are for. :thumbup:

I personally can't stand them anyway so use the poppy coral lemon things.

Why would you want to put a liquid air freshener above an expensive electric item anyway?.

It's what you could call a mind block, assuming that if it did leak you could just wipe the excess away, obviously not in this case, I just look at it it owed me £100 and I had 14 mths use from it, so less than £2 pw, and it certainly paid for itself within a month keeping me occupied on a quiet night.

Read their small print to see if it says "do not pour onto electrical devices" if not then you have got em! :rofl:

Why would you want to put a liquid air freshener above an expensive electric item anyway? Thats what the side air vents are for. :thumbup:

I personally can't stand them anyway so use the poppy coral lemon things.

Yeah, I use the Poppy Coral's. I just find the refills don't seem to last very long and they're expensive :(

Anyway, you'd be surprised how many of these types of claim we get here at work. I'm obviously not mentioning any names, but the liquid type air fresheners cause massive damage if they leak.

I thought that DX(MFD) is a straight swap for the first superb models. I think the facelift version fits MFD2, but I may be wrong ...

DX is only applicable to the MK1 Superb..............MFD2 is for the MK2 Superb............:thumbup:

Where's that Baker?

What's up?

I was going to get you to clarify which fascia adaptor you need to fit a DX into a Mk1, but having looked in yours at the weekend I can see it doesn't need one.

Ah.......yeah the DX unit fits into the orginal cage in the dash that houses the single DIN headunit and drawer and it's a simple case of unload them and then load the DX unit in...........:thumbup: