Sick Octavia VRS Diesel. Help!

Hi all,

I picked up a new Octavia vRS diesel in may last year. She's white & fully loaded (everything bar sat nav and xenons). Awesome!

Anyway, started the car wednesday morning and she stalled straight away. I re-started her, the computer squawked and said "engine trouble. workshop!". The diesel glow plug light was flashing as was the traction control light. I drove, carefully, the one mile to work (I live in Maidstone, drove the 28 miles to my gym in Orpington and my office is a mile from there so I'm not lazy!) and then called Skoda Assist. The tech said there was an error on the ECU saying "Check Sum Error" and that the ECU would most likely need changing and that would be the end of it. I took the car to Elmside Skoda in Beckenham for them to sort.

Anyway, they phoned yesterday and asked if I'd had the car from new and if she'd been modified in anyway. They then specifically asked if I'd had a re-map. After I told them she's completely standard (and she is), they said they be needing her for a while cos they have no idea what's wrong with her. Apparently the ECU is fine so now hey're in a dialogue with Skoda to try find out the problem. Beckenham Skoda said they've never seen anything like it in that the car runs terrible and keeps cutting out.

Has anyone heard of anything like this or does anyone have any clue what this might be?

Any advice greatly appreciated

PS Big respect to Beckenham Skoda; I got stuck in traffic on the way there to drop my car off and they stayed open til 1845 to wait for me and hand over courtesy car. Top people.:thumbup: