Heated mirrors not working

farky77

just a quick question regarding them... i have a furby 1.4mpi.... 51 plate.. so its the older type switch with 3 postions.. 'L' 'R' and the heater symbol... now im confused in 2 ways...

a. the definitive way to turn these on.. been reading several posts.. some say leaving it on at the heater symbol does the job, some say the switch has 2 b rocked towards the driver... and some say the rear heated windscreen has to be turned on also... does anyone actually know?

b. is there any indication (other than the warm mirrors) that they are working, its just I havent had the chance to test, partly cause i dont know if they are on or not! and the symbol doesnt change colour when the lights are on (as does symbols such as the circulating air control switch)

a. the definitive way to turn these on.. been reading several posts.. some say leaving it on at the heater symbol does the job, some say the switch has 2 b rocked towards the driver... and some say the rear heated windscreen has to be turned on also... does anyone actually know?

If the switch is on heat, Then they're on, The mirrors work independently from the other demisting systems.

It is possible to adjust the time out on both the mirrors and rear screen using VCDS

Rear screens are set to 20mins, And the mirrors are set to indefinite heating from the factory.

b. is there any indication (other than the warm mirrors) that they are working, its just I haven't had the chance to test, partly cause i don't know if they are on or not! and the symbol doesn't change colour when the lights are on (as does symbols such as the circulating air control switch)

No!

Warm mirrors is as good as it gets indication wise, Though if you switch them off/on you'll hear the relay clicking.