ABS/PAS alarms

I bought a Sept 07 Fabia 1 1.2 12V 70BHP model last December. Just last week after

a lot of snow etc I'm starting to get problems with various alarms and the PAS going off. What usually happens is the PAS warning light comes on and then the steering goes heavy and sometimes the warning for ABS comes on. To reset I have to stop and switch off the ignition and restart. Also the clock resets when this happens.

I took it to the dealer and they say they can find nothing wrong. Surely a fault code

must have registered. Any ideas?

My vRS did this once when getting stuck/spinning in snow on my way to work. A dash ABS warning light appeared along with a audible beep although the steering or braking operation was not affected in anyway. I pulled over and stopped the car, withdrew my key and restarted in the hope the light had gone out but it hadn't. Anyway, after leaving it alone all day whilst at work, when I started the car in the evening the light re-appeared but then went out after a couple of seconds and hasn't appeared since.

I'd suggest it may be a damaged sensor or loose connection, unfortunately intermittant faults are the most annoying as they never happen when you want them to. Mine seems to have sorted itself, but also never lost the actual ABS/PAS operation.

My vRS did this once when getting stuck/spinning in snow on my way to work. A dash ABS warning light appeared along with a audible beep although the steering or braking operation was not affected in anyway.

That happened because the ECU detected no movement from the rear ABS sensors whilst the fronts were turning, The same thing happens when you RR your car:thumbup: