Turbo question as I have been told it needs replacing

wozza-vrs

Had my 40,000 service today and was told they found alot of oil in my intercooler so under warranty (thank god) they are replacing my turbo! Thing is it hasnt drop off in boost or anything and seems the same as it always has been so has it been broken all this time. Its an 06 car so what turbo do you think they will replace it with as I remember hearing the turbo is rubbish on the new BLT engines???

They'd just replace it with the same turbo. The turbo is no better or worse on the BLT as compared with the ASZ engine. Having some oil in the intercooler is also not particularly rare, but if they're happy to replace the turbo under warranty, I would just accept it :D

They'd just replace it with the same turbo. The turbo is no better or worse on the BLT as compared with the ASZ engine. Having some oil in the intercooler is also not particularly rare, but if they're happy to replace the turbo under warranty, I would just accept it :D

Im more than happy with them to replace it but I thought it would have to go pop before they think of doing anything like that! :)

Ironically the oil is probably in the intercooler because of the crank case ventilation rather than anything to do with the turbo! :rofl: Let them replace it though, they are the experts :).