colour code door mouldings preperation

dewindoeth

well due to removing the door moulding strips from my fabia vrs and finding the bubbles under the paint:eek: i am going to purchase some new mouldings and colour code them and put them back on allthough i would much prefer it withought em. but can anyone give me a rough guide to the preperation of thease prior to painting i.e should i sand them down smooth to get rid of the bobbles or just primer them as they are, paint and finally laquer?

the car is under warranty but i dont want them spraying my doors and making a mess of it!

I'd just give them a very light sand with fine paper just to key the surface to allow the primer to stick to them. Lots of light coats of primer and paint is the key. Don't rush it and get runs.

the car is under warranty but i dont want them spraying my doors and making a mess of it!

I had a new drivers side front arch after some silly person dropped his bike on it :eek:.

It was sprayed blended and then had a deep wax. It was all at skoda and I was / still am very pleased with it. :cool:

if its under warrenty and if they are willing, why not?

Im sure it'll come back looking great after a spray, blend and deep wax treatment, :thumbup:

I had a new drivers side front arch after some silly person dropped his bike on it :eek:.

It was sprayed blended and then had a deep wax. It was all at skoda and I was / still am very pleased with it. :cool:

if its under warrenty and if they are willing, why not?

Im sure it'll come back looking great after a spray, blend and deep wax treatment, :thumbup:

cheers for that i feel a bit better about it now, i think i will pop down to my local dealers and see what they can do:thumbup:

well due to removing the door moulding strips from my fabia vrs and finding the bubbles under the paint:eek: i am going to purchase some new mouldings and colour code them and put them back on allthough i would much prefer it withought em. but can anyone give me a rough guide to the preperation of thease prior to painting i.e should i sand them down smooth to get rid of the bobbles or just primer them as they are, paint and finally laquer?

I know its cheaper to buy side strips but the bubbles will probably get worse over a period of time but i could be wrong, mine are the same but im having my doors sprayed.