Looking to buy 2000-2002 Octavia

Dunc2610

I used to get mid 30s MPG out of my old remapped vRS.

You get less on the 4x4 because of the additional drivetrain.

I think its more to do with the shorter ratios. If its a problem the VRs ratios will fit in the 4x4 box, that was my first mod after I was hitting the limiter in top at around 160 (after tuning)

The labour would all be done where i work as we've two fitters here, was just curious as to part prices?

If you go DIY route remember to do the filter & oil in the rear diff, its not every service & not expensive but often missed , even by dealers.

Parts are generally comparable with other popular brands & if my experience is anything to go by you wont need many on the 4x4, its a pretty solid car

I'm biased like StuartJ - the 4x4 is superb value.

I wanted an estate but got a saloon 3 years ago - the boot and drop-down seats have coped with everything so far - its worth checking out the size for yourself.

• 2 months later...

Well, circumstances have changed, and so has my budget (hopefully!!) i'm now looking at a higher budget that affords me a possibly '06/'07 Octy, so am now looking at VRSs (2.0 FSI Turbo varient)

Couple of questions i have about them though, firstly, i see ads stating a multifunction steering wheel, yet see no buttons on them? Secondly, where are the cruise controls? Thirdly, are the lights/wipers auto or is it all manual (not that manual bothers me!!)??

All help much appreciated.