Liquid Gauge, How accurate?

Ender

Well I just fitted mine, I have three RR maps one of 206 BHP and 2 of 221 BHP the Liquid Gauge says I have 220 BHP so i would say very Accurate on that note.

I have warning lights on my Dash from my CAT and the Liquid Gauge put them out that was nice.

All of the other options work a treat and the 0-60 said 6.8 seconds, I didnt do 0-100.

It tells me Im running a max of 17.1 PSI boost.

For me now I will never consider any regular Gauge's, this little bit of kit is revolutionery in what it gives the driver and at 177 pounds its a snip!.

Love it the best man toy of the decade EASILY!

Cool bit of kit isn't it. I mainly use the gauge displays and have found the oil and intake air temps most useful though once the oils up to temp I switch to boost gauge.

So many useful things besides these though it really is invaluable.

Couple of questions for you now.

Where have you mounted it? drivers vent or somewhere else. I have the vent but would like to see what other mounting options look like.

What software revision is yours? when I plug mine in it says Version 2.03 but I understand this has been updated. Reason I ask is because the multigauge display on 2.03 kicks out with a comms error after 10 seconds or so. I can still read all the temps individually (except EGT as it isn't supported) but would like to see them together.

Finally has your MPG gone down since you fitted it? ;) mine did :D

Ian

Cool bit of kit isn't it. I mainly use the gauge displays and have found the oil and intake air temps most useful though once the oils up to temp I switch to boost gauge.

So many useful things besides these though it really is invaluable.

Couple of questions for you now.

Where have you mounted it? drivers vent or somewhere else. I have the vent but would like to see what other mounting options look like.

What software revision is yours? when I plug mine in it says Version 2.03 but I understand this has been updated. Reason I ask is because the multigauge display on 2.03 kicks out with a comms error after 10 seconds or so. I can still read all the temps individually (except EGT as it isn't supported) but would like to see them together.

Finally has your MPG gone down since you fitted it? ;) mine did :D

Ian

Hi Lex, I have mine taped to a peice of cardboard, reason being im trying it in differant places IE the cubby-hole, the sun viser and my fav place thus far the ash tray, I use it for coins but with the gauge in it angles it up to me and looks good, my plan is I will get some plastic sheet and carbon sticky stuff and mount in either the ashtray or the cubby-hole later today, the sun-viser idea i had is positivly deadly lol.

Mine is 2.04 However on muilti gauge it does end itself because its not supported or somin.

MPG went down yes, because I did a couple power runs and a 0-60 =) its back to normal now tho.

when I install ill get some pics.

Mines going in the ashtray too, been down to the scrapyard this weekend to source some dash plastic to cut into the right shape to mount it into the ashtray. Ender, you'll have to let me know how you get on routing the cable for it, as far as I can see I will need to cut a larger hole in the top of the ashtray mount and cut a hole in the top of the ashtray itself?

Car went into the garage yesterday and got the all clear so I'm free to blow some of my paypacket on the LG next month :thumbup:

I dont like them in vents period.

I mounted mine in the ashtray and then found THE problem!, when in 5th gear you cant see it!, so then I had another brain wave, If you hold the unit up to the cubby hole the green bits sit perfectly on the outside of it, glued mine onto their, I'm then going to get some carbon sticky stuff to place over it, I glued it to the far right(closest the driver) and my sunny's still sit nice next door to it, Wiring in was 2 seconds and easy no cutting no huffing just pass it through and walla.

Managed to break the ashtray holder assembly yesterday trying to get it out :rofl: Nothing some superglue can't fix though.

I did think about not being able to see it with the gearstick forwards but then again I wouldn't be looking down at it while driving anyway, apparently it records the peak boost/bhp etc so you can give it a blast then pull in somewhere and look at it.

I dont like them in vents period.

I mounted mine in the ashtray and then found THE problem!, when in 5th gear you cant see it!, so then I had another brain wave, If you hold the unit up to the cubby hole the green bits sit perfectly on the outside of it, glued mine onto their, I'm then going to get some carbon sticky stuff to place over it, I glued it to the far right(closest the driver) and my sunny's still sit nice next door to it, Wiring in was 2 seconds and easy no cutting no huffing just pass it through and walla.

:wrthless:

Any chance of some pics?