Oil question

I am posting on behalf of a friend who has a octy 19 pd diesel.Is there a cheaper alternative to the specified oil castrol Sl III 5w-30 fully synthetic Skoda are charging £12 per litre what a rip .

I use Millers FE PD hi synthetic in both my cars. It is excellent oil and was recommended to me by a motor engineer who had read all the tech specs. Costs about £35-£38 for a 4.5 litre can. Dont buy that stuff from your dealer.

I am posting on behalf of a friend who has a octy 19 pd diesel.Is there a cheaper alternative to the specified oil castrol Sl III 5w-30 fully synthetic Skoda are charging £12 per litre what a rip .

Thats cheaper than what Halfords charge for the same oil. Modern fully synthetic oils are much more expensive than the cheap oils of old. In the octavia as long as the oil meets the current 507 spec then it can be used in the octavia.

Try and avoid buying the 1L topups as they are always sold at a price premium and buy the 4L or 5L variants as you will save money in the long term.