Types of cruise control...?

55VRS

Hi, I have a 55 vRS, the cruise control on my car is operated from one stalk, with resume/on/off as a thumb switch, and 'set' as the momentary button on the end of the stick. but I have no 'plus' or 'minus' speed setting it seems.

I love CC, but without being able to 'tweak' the speed I can never use it for more than about two miles on the motorway before some fool boxes me in or pulls out / in on me and I have to brake/clutch. So far its been a bit useless. I do understand about the resume and also the over-accelerate that returns to cruise speed, but there are plenty of times when the incremental switches are needed.

Does anyone know how easy/hard/expensive it would be for me to add the +/- version of the stalk - or better still - steering wheel controls?

Cheers! Ben

you... rock!

I had no idea I had that, I just went out and looked and have exactly the same, wohoo!

I was expecting the set button to be a + - toggle like on some of the VW's.

happy chappy now, thanks!