Non Compatible mobile phones and the Columbus

Well I have to say that I have tried it all and got no where. I have an HTC touch pro and the Columbus system and I have tried everywhere to get the two to talk to each other with never any success. The link here would not even work.

Today though I asked a friend who knows far more about computers than me to have a look and he was struggling after an hour. Then he decided to look at the HTC website and he downloaded the latest ROM (apparently I was 5 behind. I only just got the phone) It was downloaded and then we made our way out to the car. EUREKA the update dated 04/03/09 linked straight away with the car and I have never had a problem since.

It is brilliant that it works and my phone is a handset that was deemed not compatible. Before I did this I phoned HTC technical they were like the women on Little Britain "Computer says no" to every question I had about the Touch pro and the Columbus and kept saying Parrot.

It would appear that the latest ROM for HTC touch pro has changed the relationship with the Skoda Superb Columbus system and life is just great.