Wheelnut 'covers' trying to escape...

anyone else have this problem? they are a loose fit on the locking wheel nut :( lost 2 already... just 2 more to go and only done 8k miles! :(

been my only disappointment so far tho!!! :)

(wish i'd kept my Fabia spares now! think i binned them when i changed over to a Seat Leon for a bit tho) :(

curses

I had a couple of loose ones, but think it was because someone was after my wheels. Whoever it was only got away with a valve cap.

I find the cover of the locking nut has the best fit and clicks into place, only found after trying to put one of the differently shaped non-locking covers on.

anyone else have this problem? they are a loose fit on the locking wheel nut :( lost 2 already... just 2 more to go and only done 8k miles! :(

been my only disappointment so far tho!!! :)

(wish i'd kept my Fabia spares now! think i binned them when i changed over to a Seat Leon for a bit tho) :(

curses

Have lost at least two. It's because they are too loose on the lock-nuts.....

Dealer would give me new ones for free, but i thing I will change the nuts for regular ones......

I had two blasted off at the car wash which I suppose is hardly suprising when put under pressure but it never happened on my other two previous Octy's.

Both me and my brother have had exactly the same problem, and lost them from the locking nuts after about 2,000 miles.

According to the dealer, its a British manufacturing error. They are made just for the UK market, and are fitted when the cars come off the boat at the docks.

I had a word with the dealer, and they ordered me some for free, and touch wood, these seem to be a little better, although I am a bit OCD with them now and keep checking they are pushed on tightly. Even considered putting either a bit of blutack or silicone behind them.