Turbo still on and off!

:confused:

The vRS has been running well recently, but still has the odd day when boost feels low and turbo goes a bit quiet. I took it back to the dealer who sold it to me this weekend as Skoda diagnostics picked up a fault code related to the temp sensor. Dealer said he would change it, but on arrival decided to run diagnostic test. This revealed no faults at all, so dealer decided not to change temp sensor. Car was running well on this day, so dealer took it out with me as passenger to see if he could note any issues. 100mph in third later, and slightly stained under garments, I really had no evidence of any problem and so left with nothing altered. It's been running really well since and I've put some BP Ultimate in the tank to see if that helps at all. Today, all good on the way to work, but on the way back boost seems barely noticeable and no real turbo noise on accelerating. What's going on? I'm really starting to become slightly obsessed over this, and would like to know that the boost will always be there when I need it. Thanks for any ideas on this.

:confused:

The vRS has been running well recently, but still has the odd day when boost feels low and turbo goes a bit quiet. I took it back to the dealer who sold it to me this weekend as Skoda diagnostics picked up a fault code related to the temp sensor. Dealer said he would change it, but on arrival decided to run diagnostic test. This revealed no faults at all, so dealer decided not to change temp sensor. Car was running well on this day, so dealer took it out with me as passenger to see if he could note any issues. 100mph in third later, and slightly stained under garments, I really had no evidence of any problem and so left with nothing altered. It's been running really well since and I've put some BP Ultimate in the tank to see if that helps at all. Today, all good on the way to work, but on the way back boost seems barely noticeable and no real turbo noise on accelerating. What's going on? I'm really starting to become slightly obsessed over this, and would like to know that the boost will always be there when I need it. Thanks for any ideas on this.

http://briskoda.net/octavia-i/boosting-somtimes/141675/

Hi mae sounds like the same as my car so try this link it may help it ma not just take a look.

Thanks.

Did you try unplugging the MAF? If so, did it make any difference? Mine still seems to be running with no real boost, just pulls with no urge and virtually no sound except for a tiny little 'fart' on lifting off the accelerator. Starting to really regret trading my old Celica in at the moment, but gonna go back to the dealer again to get it looked at 'properly'. Good luck with yours.:thumbup:

Thanks.

Did you try unplugging the MAF? If so, did it make any difference? Mine still seems to be running with no real boost, just pulls with no urge and virtually no sound except for a tiny little 'fart' on lifting off the accelerator. Starting to really regret trading my old Celica in at the moment, but gonna go back to the dealer again to get it looked at 'properly'. Good luck with yours.:thumbup:

I am going to try and unplugit today just been to busy to try but will tell you tomorrow wat happens good luck mate.