I feel like having a John cleese moment

OK I am getting a little upset with my car. Yesterday I have just had the DMF replaced and now today on the way home, I heard a pop and the engine lost power lots of smoke from the exhaust. Lucky for me the garage I used are open late. they got the car up in the air removed the under cover and found that an air inlet pipe had just decided to jump out of its place. The air inlet pipe has a small lug on the fitting that seems to have given up the ghost and will not go back in place.

They tried out a tempery fix. Which failed when the car went less than 50 yards. I cant wait for the leaves to be out on the tree's, cos i am going to break off a nice big leafy branch and give my car I dam good thrashing, John Cleese style.

I will get this filmed via my mobile and post it in the near future.

Appologize to the tree huggers out there, but I will try and remove all the little beasties from the branch before the car gets it......:rofl:

Note the final resting position of the car when 'doing a Basil' on it :P

Genuinely sorry to hear about your problems. I've had similar issues with a split turbo, failing DMF, failed rear suspension, failed cruise and so on. You are not alone :rolleyes:

The joys of car ownership :rolleyes:

article-0-0020D72300000258-541_468x406.jpg

I've had a Rocker Gasket go on a Vauxhall Omega 2.6 V6, inconvienient as id just about sold it when oil started dripping.

All i could think of earlier whilst moving everything, and i mean everything was giving it a good damn thrashing with a tree branch!

The pipe that popped off was the air intake to the turbo. I was wondering if having the repair /replacement to the DMF would have coursed this problem coupled with my custom remap or am I completely grasping at straws...