Rough idle when stationery

KIDD

Hi guys

Not quite sure what to search for so sorry if this has been asked before.

Our Fabia vRS seems to have a kind of 'wobble' when sat at traffic lights when in neutral at tick over. Almost like it isn't idling correctly. Any ideas?

Mine will be OK for a few minutes, then it seems to have a hickup, then it's fine again :)

Sometimes it's just once, but then other times it does it a few times in a row, totally random when it feels like it.

It's done it since new, never had a problem, if it's prolonged, just blip the accelerator and I find it stops it :thumbup:

They can feel a bit lumpy but if it's obviously wobbling then it could be an engine mount (do they use the solenoid mounts?) or at worst it could be an injector (hopefully not). Do you have VAG COM?

Do you have VAG COM?

I don't but its going in for a service on Monday and I have told them about it, so hopefully they'll look into it

• 4 weeks later...

Hi, I've got a VRS 06 model and have rough idling when stationary, it's fine from cold but when the engine's hot the car vibrates, had it in at main dealers and wrongly diagnosed it to be dual mass fly wheel as it still had the problem after, tried having idle adaptions altered but this made it lose power so had it reset back,today they told me it could be cam shaft and followers, if anyone out there can help it would be much appreciated

• 5 months later...

Ours does this. The dealer says it's a characteristic of the BLT engine (fitted in the facelift cars) and there's nothing that can be done about it. Even remapped cars with the BLT engine still do it apparantly. Switching the aircon on can help.

Mine doesn't judder at tickover but it does have the lag at around 1800 revs. It's an 07 with the BLT engine. My previous vRS was a 54 plate with the ASZ engine and it had the engine shudder at idle but no lag at 1800 revs. I think I preferred the engine judder to the lag, haha! Switching on the air con used to sort it out as it places a different load on the engine, though it may not always be practical to do this.

Mine does it - ASZ engine - but only when pointing downhill with my foot on the brake, real lumpy as if it's about to stall, it clears if I take my foot off the brake or blip the throttle or roll to flat ground - go figure :rolleyes:

Im on to my second fabia vrs, and this one only has 27k. Guess what, sometimes the engine gives out a "wobble"

When my first vrs did it I took it to skoda and they said, maybe dual mass flywheel, I said, dont worry (after seeing the price)

I can live with it.

• 3 years later...

So this is normal?

When I start my car it doesn't shake - Leave it to idle for a minute or so and it then starts. Drive the car steady and stop - still shakes. Drive the car hard and stop no shaking but if I leave it around a minute again it shakes... Is this really normal? :/