Bizarre goings on

Having mentioned in other posts my woes with the exhaust pressure sensor and DPF, I finally got the car to Skoda again for them to look it over. (Had a Fabia1 for a courtesy car, surprisingly characterful)

The car needs another new exhaust pressure sensor. So I collected the car this morning (post night shift so a bit tired) and rebooked to get the sensor fitted. They could not explain why the DPF light was on.

Got in the car, turned on the ignition and the glow plug light started flashing indicating limp-home mode. Went straight back in and they offered me the Fabia for a week until they could get the part, or I could take my car and drive in limp-mode. Decided to take my car and hope I could clear the limp mode with the drive home, as I had managed this previously. 2 miles of town driving and the DPF light goes off for the first time in 5 weeks, and then the glow plug light switches off and the car goes back to full power.

It all seems very odd to me, I don't understand how 2 miles of sub 30mph driving can clear the DPF, but 30miles of 50, 60 and 70mph limits can't.

Have to say that the dealer did a great job on cleaning the car, so would happily use them again as a car wash.

Just an update, 2 days after all this, the exhaust pressure sensor light went off and has not yet returned.

So do I still take it to the stealers for a new sensor anyway, or take the 'if it ain't broke, why fix it' attitude and wait to see if the problem recurs.

Suppose could get them to vag.com and if no errors then LWA (leave well alone).

Either way, now a happy skoda driver again!:jumpsmile