How to remove Columbus compass in maxidot?!

Oh dear, another classic from me Im afraid... :P

I was looking through the maxidot menu's and I selected the 'nav option on the main menu.

Now I have a digital compass and road name in the maxidot display area permanently and as a result I now cant cycle through the maxidot functions with the stalk ie mpg, miles remaining etc etc...

How do I get rid of it?! :confused: ' I cant access the options now at all by holding down the lower half of the stalk mounted toogle switch. :(

As always, any help greatlfully revieved :thumbup:

Lee

• Like 1

Press and hold the end of the stalk till you get the Setup, Audio,Navigation etc menu and then select MFD

Either that or Reboot the MFD3 i had to do that once with a similar problem.

If that still doesn't work then do a factory reset (you will lose all your saved addresses though) as i have had to do that before but that was after messing with it on VCDS to change the display

HTH

Carl :thumbup:

Mater, when you say to reset the columbus do you doing something more than just going in through the menu system on the columbus screen and restting all options to factory defaults?

Ive done the above and no joy - the maxidot display is still 'stuck' displaying the current road name and compass direction.

Holding down the bottom of the end toogle swith on the right hand stalk does nothing either! No main menu appears any more. :(

Help, please. :o

MFD3 reboot is <> and i simultaeneously if I remember correctly.

To get rid of the compass in the maxidot just use a 1cm x 1cm piece of black tape. Sorry.:)

Has the car been coded correctly for the Columbus unit?

If not it can seriously **** the maxidot right off (from personal experience)

Failing that, disconnect the neg battery terminal for a half hour or so?

Do you get the permanent compass at the top of the maxidot and the clock shoved over to the right?

It was more curiosity if anything, obviously the heading info has to come from the Columbus unit :)

I fitted an MFD2 and didn't code it (no VAG-COM at the time) and I had lots of trouble with the maxi dot and steering wheel controls :rotz: The buttons were acting like they were sticking down consequently turning the volume up to max :rofl: The buttons also went on strike in addition to the maxidot freezing and crashing.

All fixed once I had coded it properly

Cheers guys, I'll pop out to the car later and try the hardware reset method (I just reset everything in software yesterday) - the columbus was all coded correctly when Stu installed it. :)

Never had an issue it since and that was 6+ months ago.

Lee

Cheers guys, I'll pop out to the car later and try the hardware reset method (I just reset everything in software yesterday) - the columbus was all coded correctly when Stu installed it. :)

Never had an issue it since and that was 6+ months ago.

Lee

It should take you back to the main menu on Maxidot if you turn the RNS unit off.

If it doesn't the only option is to take out the negative battery lead for a while. Like someone already suggested here.

Fair enough, I couldn't remember how long you had the Columbus fitted. Quite a few people are whacking them in nowadays :P

Probably just a gremlin in there somewhere :rolleyes:

It should take you back to the main menu on Maxidot if you turn the RNS unit off.

Turn it off?

Thats a daft answer if ever I heard one....

Guess what? :confused:

It worked!!! :o:rofl:

As soon as I turned the unit off the maxidot gave me the menu screen back to select MFD. :thumbup:

Cheers guys,

Lee

Turn it off?

Thats a daft answer if ever I heard one....

Guess what? :confused:

It worked!!! :o:rofl:

As soon as I turned the unit off the maxidot gave me the menu screen back to select MFD. :thumbup:

Cheers guys,

Lee

:D

I had the same problem with my MFD2.

And the only cure was to turn the RNS off and it would go straight back to the MFD main menu :)