Rear wiper motor from Skospares

Has anyone ever used Skospares for anything? They reckon they can do a "good used rear wiper motor £25.00". Obviously this is quite a bit cheaper than a new OEM one but will it be OK or would I be wasting my money? Any advice welcome. Ta

We've used them lots of times at work for anything from an aerial mast to an engine. Excellent company and they know their stuff. The price may well be + VAT and delivery.

The hatch interior panel should pull off, though they can be tight. If you have someone to help, it makes it easier, a plastic lever or carefully used screwdriver will help to get it started so that you can get your fingers in. I think that the motor may be held on with 3 10mm bolts.

One day it started going of it's own accord at random intervals and then it

seemed to be OK a couple of weeks later, but now when I turn it on, it does one wipe and stops in the middle of the screen :confused: I was guessing it was the positioning switch but I'm going to try and clean it all and see what happens.

I've just tried to take the motor out but can't detach it from the wiper arm spindle :mad:

Maybe I don't even need to detach it??? If I do, does it just need some gentle coaxing with a hammer to push it through? I've taken the bolt off before anyone asks :rofl:

Maybe I just need to take the plate off and clean the inside of the motor? Hmmm… off to get some torx screwdrivers now so I'll report back.

but now when I turn it on, it does one wipe and stops in the middle of the screen :confused:

Exactly what mine started doing about 2 weeks ago. Lifted the wiper arm and it operates fine but with the blade on the glass it does 1 1/2 wipes and stops dead.

I knew to remove the plate and clean it up inside as a fix and have been holding out till I get some time off. I have everything Mart used to hand which is a result and am off work for a week after today's shift :thumbup:

Skospares are excellent. I've had some interior trim (he described all their Octavia ash tray lids to me over the phone so I could pick out the one for my Elegance) and a complete knuckle / bearing / hub flange assembly for a great price.

Just a quick update on this. I opened the motor panel and cleaned everything with carb cleaner and WD40, and in the absence of any grease I oiled all the parts with vegetable oil. Hmmm, tasty…

Anyway, it all seems to be working now except when I put it back together I forgot to put the bloody hose back on the nozzle so sprayed the inside of the boot with screen cleaner :o. The hardest part was reclipping the boot trim. :mad:

I've finally just bought one of these bad boys for removing the wiper arms easily:

Sealey

It's a lovely bit of kit, and it fits perfectly, but I've not tried using it properly yet. I like fact that it locks on, really smart.

I'm planning on removing my rear wiper setup completely, as I never use it and I don't like how it looks!