1.4tsi/Manual CO2 emission rating discrepancy

The Skoda brochure 1st Jan - 31st Mar 2009, and the Skoda Website give the CO2 emission level of the 1.4Tsi manual variant as 154g/km. The VCA website however gives it at 148g/km. A significant difference.....

(All rate the 1.4Tsi/DSG combination at 147g/km)

So can any techs or dealers who can give a definitive answer?

I'm on the verge of ordering but hesitating regarding the DSG option on grounds on possible reliability/future repair/servicing cost issues, the CO2 and inbuilt ESP (according to Bassa) sway it toward DSG.

Does the new 7 speed DSG require any scheduled maintainence, e.g. fluid change at some point?

The Skoda brochure 1st Jan - 31st Mar 2009, and the Skoda Website give the CO2 emission level of the 1.4Tsi manual variant as 154g/km. The VCA website however gives it at 148g/km. A significant difference.....

(All rate the 1.4Tsi/DSG combination at 147g/km)

So can any techs or dealers who can give a definitive answer?

I'm on the verge of ordering but hesitating regarding the DSG option on grounds on possible reliability/future repair/servicing cost issues, the CO2 and inbuilt ESP (according to Bassa) sway it toward DSG.

Does the new 7 speed DSG require any scheduled maintainence, e.g. fluid change at some point?

The equivalent Golf, which is lighter, has emissions of 144 on the manual and 138 on the DSG. Based on that I would tend to believe that Skoda's figures for the Octy are correct?

There is now a new Octy brochure which lists the 7 speed DSGs with standard fit Hill Hold & ESP.

Not sure on the 'dry' 7 speed's maintenance schedule but I believe the 'wet' 6 speed has a fluid change at 40k?

Are you 100% sure that 7 speed DSG comes with ESP as standard Bassa?

VCA is the organisation that determines VED their figures are usually 100% correct.

Regarding the CO2 figures, the differences between manual & DSG on the Golf falls in line with Skoda's figures. Those VCA quoted figures seem a little too close together to me - unless of course the Golf's figures are wrong ????

The standard fit Hill Hold & ESP on TSi DSGs was finally confirmed to me in writing from Skoda UK. The Skoda website at last shows this - you need to view the car configurator section's ' Equipment Line' where it is shown. Mind you, they still cannot get it 100% correct since it lists the 1.4 TSI manuals OK but the DSGs are shown with the FSI unit !!

• 2 weeks later...

Have to say I'm uncovering yet more discrepancies between Skoda literature and VCA website.

e.g the 105bhp diesel variants - all HIGHER CO2 according to VCA

e.g. basic 105bhp manual is 135g/km (VCA) v 130g/km (Skoda) i.e. a higher VED band!!

I'm pretty sure VCA will be right - I think their certified info is used by Swansea.......

maybe Skoda has submitted new test results on a revised batch.

• 4 weeks later...

That's interesting, just checked myself and it still says 148. You would have thought it would have been in Skoda's interest to publish the lower figure (unless it's trying to encourage buyers to opt for the DSG box ;))

Link here : http://www.vcacarfueldata.org.uk/search/vehicleDetails.asp?id=22462

Also they have the number of gears for the manual gearbox as 5 instead of 6 and the combined fuel consumption figures and hence the fuel cost for 12000 miles as the same although the Urban and extra urban are slightly better with the DSG box.

Edit :

Further investigation shows that Skoda's German website quotes 148gm/km for the 1.4TSI manual but the french brochure quotes 154gm/km as does the technical documation.

Presumably someone here has taken delivery of a new model and taxed it which should show up any differences between them.

Edited by jzc008