My Rolling Road result and latest removable mod!

Hi all,

Was up at Star Performance on Tuesday and had the car on the rollers and here is my results to see what power I was getting with the tuning box mated to the PD160 and Green Cotton Filter.

167BHP at 282lbs of torque.

Jim at Star has advised the car is overfueling and could ruin the turbo but still quite impressed at the amount of power this car is sticking out, just got to figure out how to detune the tuning box if I can.

P1020402.jpg

P1020404.jpg

And here is the latest mod to the car and thanks to fellow brisky member Etienne for my roof bars which I will be making use of in the summer with the bikes.

P1020397.jpg

P1020399.jpg

P1020400.jpg

P1020401.jpg

Next mod is the german style plates and more sticker removal, but skint at the moment but pay day is around the corner and also going to start buying a set of winter wheels a month at a time.

Cheers

Davy

That looks like quite a radical torque spike too, you should look at trying to get that smoothed out slightly too as it could mean youll be due a new clutch before long too.

Gez- That was another thing Jim at star mentioned, he says the car might be slipping as there was a flat spot or it wasd hesitent on the rev counter.

Dave Wilkie - I'm planning on buying some cycle carriers from Argos in the next week or so, not sure on the brand.

Is that your tax disc in the middle of the windscreen? If so, were you aware that the law requires it to be in the lower passenger side corner?

Also, is your car fitted with wind deflectors? If so, which brand are they, where did you get them from, and would you recommend them?

Tax disc was stuck there by the previous owner. I'm pretty sure you are right about the tax disc in the lower passenger side. I'll move it when i get the new tax disc!!

Yes they are wind deflectors - they came from ebay for £37 delivered from Slovakia. Made by Heko

here is the link - Skoda Fabia 2000 - 2007 wind deflectors visors 4 pcs on eBay, also Grilles, Meshes Vents, Exterior Styling, Car Tuning Styling, Cars, Parts Vehicles (end time 15-Mar-09 18:47:18 GMT)

Cheers. Are you happy with them, and were they easy to fit?

polo6n1600i - Don't get me tempted me with a roof box now!

Only joking it's a thing I might be needing for the briskoda camping trip as I need to come back via Reading and Slough to pick up more wedding presents in the summer!

Cheers. Are you happy with them, and were they easy to fit?

They took less than 10 minutes to fit. I'm very happy with them. I also have a set on my VW Polo 6n 5dr! Same make too.

yeah the roofbox is very useful. I was away for a week with the wife and 2 kids. And we went upto Cruden Bay to stay with my father-in-law. The box and the boot were full. but still managed 49mpg on the way up from Crieff > Blairgowrie > Spittal of Glen Shee > Braemar > Aberdeen > Cruden bay. And i was crusing at 60 most of the way