Brake Problem - Update - Advice needed

True but if you do it any way other than taking the man's name you have to pay a lawyer to do the paperwork to change it over.

I went double-barrel with my wife but we only really use my name. I just did it to appease her militant side.

We later found out that the name didn't legally apply and that she has my name unless we pay £350 to change it over.

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guess what everybody!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

ITS FIXED

:eek::mw::huep::friday:

Up until 4:30 am this morning but its finally all back to normal.

As some kind of cr@p luck would have it, the R32 master cylinder and servo i spent hours and hours fitting on Monday and Tuesday turned out to be duff :( So, all the boost pipe work off again and many hours dropping the engine and pulling it out of the way later, i got it all out again.

Got another servo and master cylinder and set about fitting it all again last night. This time with fantastic results, the brakes let go of the discs, ta da. Pedal feel is spot on again and she pulls up like never before.

Now lets have a laugh and see what has been changed during this ball ache:

4 Calipers

Flexible brake lines

1 R32 Servo

1 Golf GT TDi Servo

2 Skoda Master Cylinders

1 R32 Master cylinder

1 ABS Pump unit

3 Pedals

and £80 worth of dot 5.1 brake fluid.

Despite all this i still love my car. He is going to get a bloody good wash, polish and wax this weekend as it has got quite dirty over the past 8 weeks.

Thanks for all your support and advise from those that have contributed to helping me find the problem.

Oh, in a nut shell it was the Servo. I must have damaged it while bleeding the brakes after putting my calipers back on after painting :doh:

4710_113917576998_754366998_3244549_3093606_n.jpg

Thanks Again

Garry

Hi GarryC,

I am very pleased that you have managed the job here, as you had bad luck also.

Regards for you;):cool::thumbup: