Parking sensor/Aid fault.

Hi all I have a fabia vrs it has the factory parking sensors fitted that are not working when put into drive I here a 5 second beep and they don't work. I have had it on a code reader a Launch x431 so no vag.com printout to post. But it will not communicate to the parking aid system at all it will talk to all other systems but not the parking aid. How can I test they system surely if the parking sensor was bad it would still let me in and tell me which sensor was bad? Or could the parking sensor ecu be at fault? If so where would it be located and how could it be tested? Are there common problem with and of the above failing??

Thank for any help.

Galee

may sound silly but nissan ones suffer with this, just stick it in reverse, ignition on and listen to the sensors. if theyr'e clicking they are ok if not there knackered meaning a sensor is at fault (may be just one) if theyr'e ok its more than likely to be a control unit.

code reader wont comunicate as park sensors arent run from the ECU/BCM.

hope that helps lol

Hi thanks for the reply I can't here the clicking. But if I put it in reverse and touch the middle sensor I get a constant beeping very quickly. It only happens if I touch the middle sensor won't do it if I just walk past it. And if I touch the other sensors nothing happens. I have read a few posts on here and everyone seems to think if you go in with vag.com it will tell you which sensor is faulty but how could it tell which sensor was faulty if it could not communicate with the parking aid?

Galee

to be fair mate im not sure im just going on past experiences. by the sounds of it if none of the sensors pick up at all its more than likely to be a control unit, very unusual for them all to fail at once. if you can find the control unit, it may be worth swapping the wires around to see if that sensor still works once youve swapped them around. process of elimination really mate, all you can do.