Parrot Bluetooth in the Superb

Just thought I`d tell you about my new purchase that is the business!

I bought the Parrot MKi9200 bluetooth kit.

Installed in the Superb in about 40 minutes, hooked up to my phone in less than a minute.

It allows you to plug in a pen drive , SD card, Ipod (which it charges) and it loads up all the tracks, album art etc. It also has a line in to attach any MP3 player.

It plugs straight into the DX unit and has its own amp which sounds very good.

I have routed the input cable to the ashtray so I can change the pen drive whenever I want. I`ve got a cheap 16Gb usb drive loaded with plenty of albums.

anim_mki9200.gif

This looks miles better than the 3100 i have just installed. I really wanted the mp3 playback from a usb key that this fullfills. Very impressive. Is the control unit (the unit that is used to answer phone calls) wired or wireless? Additionally are the mps controls from this unit?

The unit has 3 main components. 1) The main "brains" amplifier which I have sat behind the glove box 2) The screen which is wired (USB mini connector) 3) The control wheel which is wireless and I have strapped on the steering wheel .

I have then taken out the dash ashtray and put the usb / ipod / line in connector in there.

I have put the screen below the rev counter so its out of the way but visible to me when driving.

The usb drive works well and it also has a in-built SD card reader in the screen.

There are only 2 drawbacks so far 1) The unit volume is controlled by the wheel but I keep going to the DX volume instead! 2) The USB/SD control doesn`t have random play.

Pics at weekend hopefully.

Edited by dempswar
oops

Its going good so far.

The unit has "crashed" twice but both times on the same song so I put it down to a corrupted mp3 file. To rectify I simply unplugged the screen for a minute.

The only other bug bear I have got is if your on the phone, then get into your car and turn the unit on it doesn`t pick the call up.

It works better with a SD card than the USB (Faster boot up) , I would suggest checking the parrot forums for regular updates as they are on the ball with software updates.