At what revs does the turbo kick in

I think I read it starts between 1500-2000rpm, though I can't tell because the 1.9 TDI is gutless, mine struggles to do over 100mph!

Mine will do 120 no problem and its only a bog standard 105, do you have a hose off or a MAS problem

I cannot notice when the turbo kicks in due to the smoothness of the engine

I think I read it starts between 1500-2000rpm, though I can't tell because the 1.9 TDI is gutless, mine struggles to do over 100mph!

Your car is broken. As skippy said, maybe a maf problem. PD105s should cruise nicely at well over a 100, I know this from leaving myself short on time to get from the Alps to a dinner reservation in Reims. :rolleyes:

My turbo starts to spool up around 1500rpm at 2000-2100rpm in 1st, 2nd and 3rd gear it then punches you back in the seat if your being heavy with the throttle.

I just struggle with obtaining a decent mpg even on a run :(

I miss my PD105 economy, it was epic :(

Wish i could achieve a epic figure!

I know im rolling around on 225/40/R18's but i wouldn't have thought it would have made a 15-20mpg difference on a steady run :mad:

Around town it seems to be stuck at 32-35mpg regardless of how its driven. Im trying the sub 1500rpm cruising in gears at the moment, but im relatively worried about cooking the dmf.

Wish i could achieve a epic figure!

I know im rolling around on 225/40/R18's but i wouldn't have thought it would have made a 15-20mpg difference on a steady run :mad:

Around town it seems to be stuck at 32-35mpg regardless of how its driven. Im trying the sub 1500rpm cruising in gears at the moment, but im relatively worried about cooking the dmf.

:eek:I get more than that around town out of the 170 vRS!!!

Mass Airflow Sensor, measures the amount of air the inlet is flowing. So the fuel injection can fuel accordingly.

Thanks. I presume if there was a problem with mine it would show up error codes on a VAG COM? (dealer didn't mention any problems, and a friend scanned it and said it was fine)

The turbo runs at all engine revs, it can't not do as it is rotated by the passage of exhaust gases through it. The only engine revs at which the turbo is not running is zero. Its compression ability will be dictated by its speed, but exists over the full range.

I now have a vRS, with the CR engine, which has no noticeable turbo lag (i.e. no need to be at certain revs before the compression is having an effect), my prior 1.9 PD did - at around 1200 to 3000 rpm - and it was more than happy to exceed 100..............