Skip to content

RCC49

Members
  • Joined

  • Last visited

  1. And you know this how?
  2. Probably true. Not currently possible with either OBD11 or Carista, so until it is, I'll have to wait.
  3. My car is model year 2025, so is restricted by SFD2, which it is not yet possible to unlock, much to my annoyance.
  4. The feature you refer to is known as Headlamp Assist. To use the feature, the light switch (turn knob) must first be in the “Auto” position. Then, each time you switch on the ignition, you need to push the headlamp stalk forwards until you feel resistance (about half the full travel), then let it return to rest position. You will notice the lights indicator at the bottom of the dashboard display shows a white dipped headlamp symbol with “A” in the centre of the symbol. Unfortunately, the car doesn’t remember this, and you have to repeat this second step involving the headlamp stalk each time the ignition is switched on.
  5. Bosch A864S for the Front and H301 for the rear on 2025 models.
  6. Thanks for the suggestion, but there's no such setting.
  7. I have a 2025 Sportline Edition, which is fitted with the Columbus infotainment system. I use Apple Carplay so I leave the Columbus permanently on, so that it comes on when I start the ignition. If I don’t want to listen to the radio or any media, I mute the sound using the knob on the steering wheel. Quite often but by no means always, after leaving the car with the sound muted, the next time I turn on the ignition, the sound is unmuted. It’s completely unpredictable and somewhat annoying. Has anyone else experienced this, or found a fix?
  8. I have a Columbus rather than Amundsen, so I'm not sure if the process is identical, but I'll explain. To connect the infotainment system to the wifi dongle, I select "Menu", then "Vehicle", then select "Settings" (the cogwheel icon on the bottom right of the screen). I then select "Wifi", and on the next menu "Wi-fi:". This will display a list of available devices to connect to, one of which should be the wifi dongle (this presupposes that you've already set up the wifi dongle with an SSID and Password). Select the SSID for the wifi dongle, and you'll be prompted to enter the password. Once you've done that, the infotainment system's hotspot should connect to the wifi dongle, and will do so every time you start the car. As I said previously, I have an iPhone and use CarPlay, so I don't quite know what the process would be for an Android device, but for the iPhone, to connect to SmartLink (in my case CarPlay, in the case of an Android, Android Auto), I enable Bluetooth, then I would go into Settings, select CarPlay, and then follow the instructions on the phone and infotainment system. As for connecting the wifi dongle, I leave mine permanently plugged into the 12 volt socket in the boot of the car. This is an "always on" socket, so there's no delay while the dongle starts up when starting the car. With this arrangement, the phone will automatically connect to SmartLink on starting the car, using the data/wifi provided by the wifi dongle.
  9. You're quite right that a wifi dongle isn't necessary for a data connection. The OP did state, however, that they have a limited data allowance, and so the use of a wifi dongle to provide data becomes more attractive and, possibly, cheaper. In my case, I have a pay as you go mobile. Using the wifi dongle with the Three 24gb data sim (my most recent one cost £34.99) is considerably cheaper for me. If I were to use the full 24gb during the 24 month period, the equivalent cost on my pay as you go contract would be £240.
  10. I have an iPhone rather than an Android device, but for my data use when in the car, I use a Huawei dongle with a Three 24gb data only Sim, which has a 24 month lifespan. When setting up, I connected the car’s hotspot to the Huawei dongle by selecting that as the “mobile device”, and that means that when my phone connects to CarPlay and the hotspot, it’s using the data connection provided by the dongle.
  11. My son loaned me one of these https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/aw/d/B00FC42HAA/?_encoding=UTF8&pd_rd_plhdr=t&aaxitk=6d826fb3716570b2cb33d46862f5d636&hsa_cr_id=9828796380502&qid=1747907534&sr=1-1-e0fa1fdd-d857-4087-adda-5bd576b25987&ref_=sbx_be_s_sparkle_mcd_asin_0_title&pd_rd_w=uyDxT&content-id=amzn1.sym.a18126b6-9995-4982-ac44-f6ce57aa9bed%3Aamzn1.sym.a18126b6-9995-4982-ac44-f6ce57aa9bed&pf_rd_p=a18126b6-9995-4982-ac44-f6ce57aa9bed&pf_rd_r=5F0D3Y1Y52XQTAGMYQPJ&pd_rd_wg=JqARp&pd_rd_r=0cea2770-7dc1-451d-9649-acc6e24ecaec&th=1 It has an adapter which plugs into one of the 12 volt "cigarette lighter" sockets, either in the centre console or in the boot. I chose the centre console one and left it connected for about 24 hours, and that did the trick.
  12. Thanks for your suggestion.
  13. And if I were to run the engine with everything switched off, how long do you suggest?
  14. I do appreciate all of the helpful and supportive replies.
  15. Thanks for the replies. I'm reassured that I don't need to worry.

Important Information

Welcome to BRISKODA. Please note the following important links Terms of Use. We have a comprehensive Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.

Account

Navigation

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.