New Turbo

Hi,

I just fitted a new turbocharger on my Octavia 1.9 tdi(110) 64000miles, and i'm not happy with the power, is there anything the mechanic could forgot to plug it back or if someone could tell what I should check? :confused:

Thanks,

Tony

why did you have to change the turbo?

err problem could be:

boost leak

dodgy MAF sensor/wiring

vacuum leak to thing that operates VNT mechanism (dead technical me...)

some other part of the rats nest of cables and tubes under the bonnet may not have been connected right.

EGR/Intake manifold full of crud.

Take the engine cover off and have a look around, just three bolts to take the cover off.

• 2 weeks later...

Thanks for the reply guys, I've changed the turbo as it was gone(common fault o PS).

But my concern is if the mechanic did the good job, because I don't think it has right power and I'm getting whistling noise for few seconds when accelerate?

The turbo on mine (same engine) is fine, and whistles when it's spooling up, around 1_200 to 1_500 rpm. It's not objectionable, and isn't usually audible unless I've got the windows open.

Mine whistles too. More so than the one did on my Bora TDI 130.

I believe that it is normal as one of my colleagues at work had a TDI 110 Ibiza and he said it was just the same.